Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Afternoon everyone

What a rotten day! I can't believe how cold it has become. I've tried to keep our energy consumption down this year but it's the same as last year.

Loki hasn't chewed his paws so much today, which is just as well as they are very sore, despite all the TCP, Germaline and salt water we've been putting on. I found blood on the floor too.

The kids have been fighting all day - argh I'm sick of being a referee. My mum had them both for a few hours yesterday and it was bliss! I might give in and put a DVD on.

I hope I get some new slippers for Mother's Day tomorrow after Loki destroyed my lovely comfy ones. Jeez, I never thought I'd get to the stage where I'd want someone to buy me slippers.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Afternoon Linda and Jenny.

Jenny glad you enjoyed your walk social walks are always nice for us humans too.
Linda I am keeping fingers crossed you get those slippers.
Glad Loki seems to be leaving those paws alone at last.
I don't envy you with the children fighting it use to stress me out no end.
June what a shame about Ash. Nice they let you know the score though.

Gorden is putting the bits of beading back round the laminate that Zanta chewed we didn't get round to it before because then Ollie arrived and he was good then Dillon and he has been good so as it is on our jobs to do list before putting the house on the market decided to do this afternoon. Dillon does feel the need to have a nose and see if he can help but isn't be too bad. The threat of his squeaky cup cake which he is frightened of and the anti chew spray bottle seems to be working.

If anyone fancies a home made fruit scone or cheese scone please help yourself. Just out the oven.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I'll have one or two please Lynn. I'm comfort eating!
YUM!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Its horrid out there isn't it today? Wasn't that bad when I was out with all the dogs, the rain seems to have really set in now and feeling even colder than this morning. Forecast for tonight is frost and then possible snow tomorrow.
Have remembered to buy some grass seed though and am going to sprinkle that over the bare brown yukky piece of ground outside, that has a few bits of grass still clinging to it.
Cruz being picked up at some point, not sure whether to do tea for him or not. Lona enjoying being in and I left her in when I went shopping and came back and she hadn't copied her sister and gone upstairs hanging out of the window, glad one of them has got a brain!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Afternoon all

Lynn, you mentioning about Gorden doing the scotia's, Dave has now finished ours, and I love the way he's done the little "ends", technically called "returns" apparently, where instead of just the bit of bare wood, it's the colour matched bit on the ends and it looks so professional I'm glad we didn't let those bodgits do this part of it!

Anyhoo, here's the before and after pics, although the after will be changing in half an hour, as the two lamp tables will be outed, the flowers will be back on the floor and my new Dunelm table will be by the front door when he's finished putting it all together but it seems a bit fiddly from the time he's taking lol!

Before with the bare floor Dave repaired everywhere:

and now all finished! I think it's a perfect colour match to the walls

Hmmmm, now what's my next job for him cos he still has 2 days left here

Crystal, oh yesss, that's a very big ahhhhhhhh from me

Jenny, glad you had such a nice walk with lots of friends, and I will direct you to Dunelms which is actually nearer to where you will be than what I am!! Trouble is, there won't be anything left by September when you come will there

June, I loved reading about Mabs and how good she was down at the river with those babies, bless her heart, she will make a fantastic mum won't she. Shame about that couple and Ash, but there will be others I'm sure and soon.

Now who's got all the cake then???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Really nice Helena. Love the colours.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
H that looks truly beautiful. Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen would be proud of that!

Sorry no cake, I still can't eat very well but I managed an egg on a potato waffle for tea.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Hello, I know it is late in the day to come calling I am usually just about ready to say Goodnight in a little while. I decided last night I was going to have a rest from forums but it didn't last just felt I had to pop in and say hello otherwise my day would not seem complete. Hope everyone is ok and well. I am away now or I shall never get back to say Goodnight. Lol. Bye for now. Moyra.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Oh that looks beautiful Helena, really love the colours, what a big difference it has made.
I'm going to have some cake I think.....mmmm....gorgeous
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Wow, busy day. Well up until just after 3pm. Competition shoot for cadets. I was safety supervisor. Kids did well and we got out before the football finished.

Tonight, bit of study and some TV
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »