Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 09:15 AM

Hot flushes - anyone suffer?

A few months ago my diabetic nurse recommended I come off of my HRT. I duly did, but now the hot flushes are driving me nuts!

They happen at all times of the day and all night long. They're so bad even the palms of my hands sweat

They wake me up at night and I throw all the bedclothes off. Ten minutes later, I'm shivering with cold and pulling them back on. This goes on all bloody night!

Anyone know of any natural/herbal remedies that can alleviate these please?

Yours in dampness.....
Vicki xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Hi Vicki, not yet personally, but as you can imagine I can't wait my friend had loads of hot flushes and swore by Sage leaf extract or something like that, she got it form Holland and Barratt, I think they're a bit expensive, but for her anyway, they worked

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...il.asp?pid=202
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 11:15 AM
.....and they're on offer too! Thanks Christine, I've ordered 400 as I know you I have to give them at least a month to kick in.

Cheers mate
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't suffer from hot flushes but do get really severe night sweats and have had them since my hormones kicked in I can't offer any practical advice but you have my sympathies definately it's awful.
Becky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I don't suffer from hot flushes but do get really severe night sweats and have had them since my hormones kicked in I can't offer any practical advice but you have my sympathies definately it's awful.
Becky
One good thing - at least I'm saving on the heating bills!

I'll let you know if the Sage Leaf is any good, Becky

x0x
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks!
Becky
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I think I've been quite lucky as I only ever had a few mild hot flushes during the day. I did suffer with severe itching all over my body like I was infested with something, for about 2 weeks though and when I looked on a menopausal site it seems quite a few women do.
I'm hoping thats it for me, but because I've had a hysterectomy leaving my ovaries behind I cannot be quite sure if I've gone through it completely yet or not.
Good luck with the Sage leaf Vicki, let us know how you get on with it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Good luck with the sage leaf Vicki, I never tried anything after coming off the HRT, but I can sympathise with the throwing off of the bedclothes then getting cold. Mine seemed to of stopped now as my periods seem very irregular after 10 years of going through this I am hoping I am now at the end.
Whats the betting they start again tonight.
(((Hugs))). xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I had a hysterectomy when I was 41, but my ovaries were left behind as they were in good nick.

However, they packed up a while ago, as expected, and I went on HRT once the hot flushes became a nuisance.

Now the flushes are even worse than I remember them and the nurse told me I should be coming "to the end of it all" soon anyway.

Oh yeah?

I know someone who's 60 and still getting them.

Please, not another 5 years of this.......
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 04:47 PM
ive been peri-menopausal for a few yrs now. cant use HRT, so relied on the herbals. red clover from julian graves was great, had mild symptoms for about 6 months. was a help. then tried sage, they where good. but ive been 4 weeks with no herbals. and shhhh no sweats/flushes, also no periods for over a year now.
i also go on a couple of sites one called menopause matters. thats really helpfull. have a look around, i have the user name *elfie*
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >