Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
So...if cats don't do stupid things can someone please explain to me WHY one particular cat where I used to live insisted on approaching Rupert and attempting to rub up against him, purring the whole time? He flattened it several times and had he not been muzzled and leashed it'd have been killed. I had to avoid the street completely, it'd come running to us meowing it's head off as soon as it saw Rupert If I were alone it took no notice of me. And no, it didn't live with a dog or, as far as the owner knew, know a dog that looked anything like Rupert.

My old neighbours cat used to cut through our garden regardless of whether Rupert was out or not. She got chased god knows how many times by him, by the dog living next door to us, by the dogs behind us and she never seemed to learn.
Oh deary me. Perhaps he was a friendly Cat? Tell me why those stoopid Foxes coming in my garden where there are Terriers here that will kill them given the opportunity?

Tell me why dogs repeatedly act friendly towards other dogs when they have been previously attacked?

Tell me why Cats repeatedly cross a road which they should very well know has traffic that could kill them on?

Tell me why stoopid Greyhounds chase something they must know isnt real? Get my drift??
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I never asked about the law i'm asking a general question ! i am aware of the law and a cat is classed as a wild animal, i can't be prosecuted if a cat comes in my garden and my dog kills its, its my property and the cat shouldn't be in it. If my dog got in someones garden and killed it than would be different because as you say the dog would be out of control.
A cat is NOT classed as a wild animal, it is a domesicated pet! If you dont believe, me google it!!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
A cat is NOT classed as a wild animal, it is a domesicated pet! If you dont believe, me google it!!!
Yes i know its a domesticated animal, what i'm trying to say is that in the eyes of the law they are regarded as wild because they wander
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
what do u mean by that?

btw i have always lived with cats,this is the first time i havnt and i miss it
By what, i thought it was self explanatory...
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Yes i know its a domesticated animal, what i'm trying to say is that in the eyes of the law they are regarded as wild because they wander
I think you'll find they are not classed as property in the same way that dogs are. That is why you don't have to report it if you run a cat over but you do if you hit a dog.

rune
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I second that!
Ive already explained that
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:24 PM
i dread a cat straying into my garden because the huskies would most definately kill it ive had close friends have their cats killed by their own sibes..and know of plenty of incidents where huskies have killed cats, some breeds have a very keen prey drive they cant be blamed for their instincts...at the end of the day cat owners are responsible for keeping their pets safe no one else.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well thats OK, I can do sarcasm like the best of them, and I do know you wouldnt wish harm on anything in you garden really.
Well you know what they say, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ! and no seriously i wouldn't wish harm on any animal, i can only do my best to prevent it
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I think you'll find they are not classed as property in the same way that dogs are. That is why you don't have to report it if you run a cat over but you do if you hit a dog.

rune
Yes this is what i was trying to put over, of course i know cats are a domesticated animal, just not in legal terms
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
opportunistic n chancers

i said 'silly' in my post..is that ok?
Neither equate to dumb!

i said 'silly' in my post..is that ok?

You tell me?
Page 23 of 56 « First < 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 > Last »