Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Found this on a certain site. Originally on YouTube.

Well worth a listen but don't have it on with kids around - the language is a bit strong (appropriate under the circumstances though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bVyLy8-g_q0
oh my, I think I could quite get into rap sometimes It's certainly got rythm.

They've got a couple of things wrong though, for example the bit about the experts with VS photo.

I'm also not sure about the strong stuff the the dog warden, hmmm. I can't make up my mind about that part of it at all.

Wys
x
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-07-2012, 05:39 PM
very intersting, listened to the whole lot of this 9its the radio interview with the police officer who testified, victoria stilwell, sara fisher etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCrHbQMhj4

the police guy whose testimony led to the decision - he contradicted himself (that dog IS a pit bull....it's a pit bull type not a pit bull, for example.) and he had to google amitriptyline OMG - its not that uncommon

the bit that gets me is why no access to the remains and why not return the collar - something stinks, regardless of everything else, something stinks about that
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Found this on a certain site. Originally on YouTube.

Well worth a listen but don't have it on with kids around - the language is a bit strong (appropriate under the circumstances though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=bVyLy8-g_q0
I could only stand about a minute of that. Personal threats towards the dog warden involved are unacceptable no matter how strongly one feels about BSL. Some Lennox campaigners aren't doing their cause any favours. The more I see of all this the more unsettling I'm finding it.

ETA: Oh, make that death threats and threats to commit arson by two minutes in.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 06:55 AM
~The Dogs Today office had a bomb threat apparently, presumably from those who are not supporters of Lennox.

Seems to be both "sides" who are getting too OTT in their actions - violence doesn't help or solve anything.

I think with the dog warden - people were furious that she appeared to be happy with Lennox one minute, but then testified against his temperament another, saying she was afraid of him. No excuse for violence though.

I've been trying to think why she'd say that, because that's the bit I don't get at all.

She appears to have visited Lennox regularly during his time in kennels to give him some company. That's kind, and I'm so glad she did, but again why would she do that if she was scared of him in the beginning?

Wys
x
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2012, 07:05 AM
come across this video clip last night.
http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/...3.mp4&newest=1
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 09:14 AM
My understanding si that the behavorist present is not best pleased with that clip as it is edited to give an incorrect impression.

I would ask two questions

a. Is Lennox a Pit Bull or even type. No I don't believe he is.

A set of measurements does not make a dangerous dog.

b, Hands on heart how many dogs fo people have at home that might not react to well to that situation.surrounded by strangers having been kept in a strange kennel environment.

Before we get a list of peoples dog who are so laid back it won't matter, I am sure there is but a lot of dogs would not react well in theis situation. Do your dogs deserve to die.

Lennox had not had a complaint against him and the dog warden under oat said he had never bitten anyone.

We should not lose sight of what this is about. The dog.
The dog who seems to be better at restarint than a lot of people.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

15-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Any violence will not help.

Pressure through other means will help ensure it doesn't happen again. It's good to do this through emailing dispatches, BCC and protests; any other means will not do the cause any good at all. If you do email, make sure it is respectful and polite, but get your point across.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't condone violence, vigilante actions or retaliation of any sort. if I did, I'd have murdered my neighbours by now.

I posted the rap because it shows just how strong the feeling is abotu what happened from people thousands of miles away. I don't agree with people receiving or making death threats etc, but right now feelings are running high.

I hope those responsible for Lennox's death DO get whatever they deserve. But it's not for another person to dish out. What goes around comes around. If you do wrong to someone then at some point you will get it tenfold in return.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
My understanding si that the behavorist present is not best pleased with that clip as it is edited to give an incorrect impression.

I would ask two questions

a. Is Lennox a Pit Bull or even type. No I don't believe he is. .
I've been following this and really hate BSL. I've been trying to sort out the facts from the hype (in both directions). I have a question about this bit.

Lennox's owner in the early days stated he was from a Boxer dad and a Labrador/Staffordshire cross mom.

What is a Pit Bull type? What does it include? Would this type of cross usually be considered a Pit Bull type in Belfast?

Ruby
Page 11 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11