Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2009, 09:38 PM

Washing machine died!! Smoke!!!

My washing machine has just died!
Scared the life out of me!! I knew it was sick, but it had still been working OK. I did a load and went to empty it, when I opened the door a load of smoke came out!!! My clean (ish) clothes now stink of smoke. I think I was lucky it didnt blow up totally!!!
I have ordered a new one online. I got a Bosch this time.Read a 2005 thread I have had Hoover,Hotpoint & LEG, all in the last 8 years!
Cant really afford it, but without a car and having an incontinent dog...........I need one. Have to wait till Jan 19th for delivery, but got a good deal!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, Lianne.

Still, think how lovely your smokey clothes will smell once they've been through your lovely new machine!

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 07:40 AM
awwww why do these things always decide to go to appliance Heaven, right before Christmas, This happened to me a few weeks ago and had to do without a washing machine for 2 weeks. I have a disabled son, so it is imperative to have a washing machine in this house

I ordered an Indesit and it really is the best machine I have ever owned, I have had Hotpoint, Hoover, Beko and Lg in the past, the longest lasting one was, funny enough the cheapest..the Beko one

Like you I just knew my last one was on it's last legs but kept putting it off, I swear when that thing was spinning it sounded like a Jumbo Jet landing in the garden

Happy (clean) Christmas

xx
ETA/ Just noticed that your new machine will not be home for Christmas...what a shame. I must have been lucky to get mine so quickly xxxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2009, 11:07 AM
another one who's machine dies on Saturday and went to washer heaven, i got an indesit as well, was just the cheapest, but happy up to press
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I got the basic Bosch! Cant wait!!
It does seem to happen alot before Christmas!!!