View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Well I agree with the training part of course. But even without the training and consistency I feel very lucky because due to family problems etc in the past two weeks and not being able to go to training with Louie - I have hardly picked up his clicker and done any work with him, yet these past two weeks he has been no trouble at all, and even last night at training - it was if he'd never had a break from it...

So in that sense I'm lucky - I think.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well I agree with the training part of course. But even without the training and consistency I feel very lucky because due to family problems etc in the past two weeks and not being able to go to training with Louie - I have hardly picked up his clicker and done any work with him, yet these past two weeks he has been no trouble at all, and even last night at training - it was if he'd never had a break from it...

So in that sense I'm lucky - I think.
Yes i guess we are both lucky because rolo is pretty much the same, but this has to be partly down to the relationship we are building up with them, which again comes back to what they have been taught are our expectations of them.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Mine don't either and I always assumed it is because they are self-contained as a pack and just don't need any other dogs in their lives!

I consider myself lucky because I have the best dogs in the world!
I think this is the answer I agree........have to say I love it, makes going on walks such a pleasure
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I see so many dog owners and their dogs and some know their dogs well, others haven't got a clue (usually the case with all things) but then when I see some bad behaviours being exhibted (bear with me on spelling - no google chrome) I look at my own dogs and think, I was lucky!

Sadie - BC x JRT, not a concoction I would have thought worked well, collie and terrier - could've been majorly worse! But although she isn't an obedience dog and wouldn't really excel in the training class Louie is in (she's a sweetheart but quite limited ) I cou;dn't have wished a better dog to have introduced me to the world of them. I am also lucky that she is such a well behaved dog naturally - not just taught but they are just there.

Louie - ESS x Lab (working lines) well, I lose count of the many times I hear "oh he must be mad" "Oh I bet he's a handful" but yes he's hard work, yes I have to work harder and yes we're limited to where we can go and what we can do (atm) but he's growing up nicely, he's maturing well and I'm lucky that he's not the crazy dog I could've ended up with..

Has anyone else felt lucky with their dog - compared to other peoples?

Yes, I do.

Given how fast it all happened with Dexter - I met him and brought him home the same day - I feel incredibly lucky.

The first month was hellish as he kept trying to bite us, growled constantly and was generally a bit scary...

But as time went on, the sweetness of his nature was revealed more and more. Now, a year later, his 'true' personality can be seen by all - he is the most friendly, mischevious, and yes at times stubborn dog imaginable

In general, I tend to equate 'luck' with dogs in terms of health. Dex *seems* healthy bar a concern with his hips so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

His recall is a tough job to improve but this aside, he's not a difficult dog
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Not "lucky" but "blessed"
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Not "lucky" but "blessed"
I like that!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Im lucky with Phoebe, shes naughty but when im sad and she comes to give me a cuddle all is forgiven, when im stressed out and she makes me laugh all is forgiven. when she behaves i float away with pride

To love sombody flaws and all is true love
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2