Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning
Well I'm up, the sun is shining and I think I am better
I 'm going to the opticians, if it's not one thing it's another then shopping. So I will be back later.
You have what I've got Nippy - put shortly I say 'I'm falling to bits' lol!

Just read in the news that the UK Flue vaccine was a waste of money and pretty useless. That would be the one that stupid doc INSISTED I have (all they seem interested in these days is keeping up to scratch with screening progs and vaccs and not listening to what YOU say is a problem).

Even insisted when I remonstrated that I hadn't yet HIT the magic 65yrs for requiring one and didn't want it coz it always gave my dad the flu when he had it!

And I did get flu symptoms after it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-26954482
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Morning Pat, Lynne and Nippy Jen.

Pat what a lovely photo to wake up too. Bet you will be sneaking looks at that on and off all day and I don't blame you.
Bella seems to of settled in really nicely in the new place and is enjoying the attention from the neighbours.
Hope the blanket lifts soon.
Lynne hope you enjoy the bus ride if you go. You sound a bit down are you ok ?
Nippy Jen you are sounding better thank goodness. Take it easy still we don't want you under the weather again.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Morning all
Didn't stay up very late last night, made hubby some tea when he got in from work, then went to bed and slept like a log, didn't wake up at all till alarm went off this morning

My friends dad gave me some flowers to put in garden, haven't the foggiest what they are, so will take a pic when I've put them in. I'm not a very green fingered person lol but my new neighbours are very young and have done their front garden and I best get mine sorted too, don't want to be the only one that looks scruffy
Apart from getting bread I've not to do anything else, well apart from putting plant in

Right be back later, best wake hubby for work
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Morning all - after having to get up early yesterday in case the refrigerator techie turned up at 8am I managed an extra couple of hours sleep after the alarm went. Now I am wondering whether to stock up on as much salad stuff as I can as I cannot take the chance that the macolet will have any fresh in on Sunday and Avner will be closing at around 2pm on Monday and not opening again until the following Tuesday. The supermarkets will be open from Wednesday to around 2pm Friday and then half day on Sunday [20th] which is OK for people with cars but not for those of us who do not have one.

Bev - fingers crossed for Charly and to everyone else.

Hope all poorlies are feeling much better this morning and that everyone has a good day!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 09:16 AM
I'm back from walking the dogs for an hour. They are dripping wet from the long grass in the field (I have towel dried them) but not doubt will finish drying themselves off on our furniture Blue sky and sun .... wonderful while it lasts.

Lynne I'm sorry you haven't got the sun .... maybe later. Enjoy your trip to Liverpool .... if you can be bothered
Lynn I have a horrible feeling this sore throat could be the start of a cold The new wallpaper sounds lovely and its amazing how changing something decorative can make such a difference to the feel and look of a room.
Tang Beautiful photo of Happy Holly .... its impossible to look at a photo like that and not smile It is fantastic that Bella has settled in so well and clearly has a growing fan club
Nippy Great news that you are officially over that horrible virus but don't over do it because I kept doing that thinking I was over it and then would feel off again by the evening. Take care and maybe sitting in the garden with a good book and cuppa will be just the ticket
Mandy Good luck with the planting and tidying up of your garden I'm now fascinated as to what the flowers are that you've been given I'll wait for the photo

I'm off down to the town now to buy a few things and then I plan to do not a lot for the rest of the day.

See you all later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Lynne, hope you have some sun now, we've got some here.
Looking as though its going to be a nice day, fingers crossed at the moment though.
Will get girls out in an hour or so, then probably wash hair, change bed, put sheets in the wash. Have got 3 bales of shavings in the car from yesterday, so one of them in will go in the loft bit in the Puppy Palace and the others will go in Jackie and Andy's shed, and I will put my washing on their line at the same time, once I have checked to ensure there is no rain due. No idea what I'm going to do when they sell the house, he's building a vanity unit around the wash basin in the new bathroom he's installed, so won't be long before its on the market
No more news on the papillon, I saw the owners van parked at the back of her house yesterday, but couldn't see her and decided against knocking because I have no idea what the current situation is.
Dillon made a lovely job of the crumb clearing Lynn, I think we'll have to employ him to come in every morning when we have had cake.
Hope the sore throat doesn't change into a cold Jenny, you've had enough of everything over the past few months, you deserve a break.
You'll be sat in the chair being coloured now Helena, this is the girl you like isn't it that makes a good job of it
Nippy, take care of yourself today, and take it easy please.
Nice you got a lie in this morning Malka, makes you feel so much better when you've had a decent nights sleep
Let us see a piccie of your plants when you can Mandy, Moyra is pretty good at identifying them, even if no one else knows.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 09:58 AM
We've got sun now - at least in Liverpool we have. I've just gone in Starbucks for a coffee. I've treated myself to a pair of summer trousers & a t shirt from M&S up to now. & just going to go round Liverpool One. I ended up putting too many clothes on so have had to do a strip in Starbucks - only my cardie though.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2014, 10:04 AM
You stole my sun
Its gone overcast here now, just as I was contemplating a nice sit on my rock on the river!!!!
Mabs and Keshi on the field first, not sure if I can take the new toy with me, Keshi loves it and the minute I put it outside for them she rushes up and runs off with it, with the others in hot pursuit, even Mabs is thawing towards it!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 10:19 AM
I know why you're better NIP JEN,cause you gave it to me Ya wee Monkey!! Have a bad chesty cough,ache all over and my nose is doing that random dripping thing at the most inconvenient times So I loaded the dishwasher,had a wee rest,put some washing out,had a wee rest.took Lacey for a stroll,now I'm knackered going to lay down on the sofa
Funny I rang SIL to cancel spinning tonight and she's feeling exactly the same,so it's going about
Gorgeous pic of Holly,beautiful
Will have a read through and catch up later,off for a
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Morning all...

Good luck to Charly with her interview, just rang Lynn and forgot she was off to Tesco's Good to see NippyJen is feeling better, not so good to see Jenny feeling under the weather, enjoy Liverpool, the coffee and the shopping, you will look like a new woman with your hair all coloured up Helena, and what a pretty pic to find when you open the PC. Hi to who I missed.

Not a lot on today, could get used to being "ladies that do coffee" and trying out a few more of these little coffee shops around. Will maybe be trying onther one over Lynn's way and get to meet the gawgus Dillon

Not got a lot done yet Had to run little sis home from the garage, but not before we sat out in the glorious sun with a cuppa. Then started to clean the fire and caught my finger on a nail and have ripped the skin off all down the back of my middle finger so have have got it all plastered and now waiting for it to stop bleeding.

I will be taking the dogs out later, but first the cats will go out into their DesRes and will be letting the chickens out onto the lawn. I have a broody silkie hen and have got her some eggs coming, poor Silkie, I bid on two lots of six and won both, so hope she has room under her little bum for them

Off for another cuppa without getting my finger wet....will nip in later xx
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »