Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Wow I adore Acers if Idid not feel so rough I'd be there "transplanting" them to my car. seriously they will be gorgeous I am on the lookout for some yellow/golden Acers/tree's
Hi Kazz, yes I remember you recently asked what were good ornamental trees didn't you? I think it's a case of not going to the garden centre with something you actually WANT, but going to different garden centres to see what's on offer at what size and what price really. I just happened to be very, very lucky today that they had a 50% sale on with exactly what I wanted! I can't wait to show you a picture of my new trees, coz they really are a great size to have bought them. Unlike the internet I was looking around and they are very small 2ft. jobs in pots and when you want a tree, you want a TREEEEE don't ya, and that means BIG!!! Lol! Glad I didn't have to transport them home myself, they're delivering them and the chap who's doing all the work is going to plant them.

I have a great boggy place for some of the bamboo where the water never seems to drain away properly, the grass always dies, and the lady said that would be just perfect, they would thrive in a very wet soil.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 06:15 PM
I can loan you my neighbour Helena, whenn I was planning my tree's. I made anyone who came walk roung the garden with a stick up in the air with a piece of V shaped trelllis on the top so I could see the height/effect from different spots in the house/garden.

Karen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey, that's a good idea Kazz. I'll make them both do that on Friday!!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Sounds ideal. With the colours it will be like looking out over New England in the fall.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I've always loved this time of year when the trees and changing colour, and this year I am going to insist we go to Leonard's Lee Gardens which is only a short distance away, to see all the trees in all their splendour, and I'll take the camera so you all can share it with me! Take a look here:
http://www.leonardsleegardens.com/
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2