Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
loraine
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2010, 03:08 PM
storm - nothing

prince - the mop, the hoover, the washing machine, the brush, motorbikes, buses, shouting and large dogs, what a wus!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Lola? - Nothing!! If she was a horse you would call her bomb-proof. There is literally nothing that I have seen her frightened of, she is a wee pocket rocket who thinks she is a Lion LOL
whitbywoof
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Both my greyhounds are scared of non-carpeted floors. In separate incidents, they have both run into the kitchen and lost their legs in 'Bambi impressions' and now won't go into our kitchen or walk on tiles or laminate floors in other people's houses. This is useful though as I wouldn't be able to cope with them under my feet while cooking.
Kryssy won't eat if I'm in the kitchen because once the butter fell out of the fridge when I opened the door and it made her jump, so now she won't go near her food bowl if there's any danger of the fridge being opened.
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Jet is scared of people shouting at the TV or each other. He just hates arguments!
He's also scared of the hoover and hairdryer, but has to sneak up and have a peek while you're using them - just to keep an eye on them xD
He's also scared of squirty bottles, he actually snaps at them =/ but only at the liquid that comes out, like he's trying to catch it.
Weird boy.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Out of my 5 dogs only my welsh collie Bessie is scared of anything! And she's terrified of those lighted bollards you get on traffic islands!! I have to drag her passed them everytime. She used to be scared of high winds, thunder and fireworks too but now she's gone a bit deaf she can't hear them!! bless her!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2010, 03:39 PM
The stairs at dogs shows or similar events no problem with the stairs at home just in the big buildings that shows are sometimes held in where there is shopping on the higher area bits. Nothing else bother him one bit but you should see his face and how hard he concentrates when going down staires at these places.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2010, 08:52 PM
mines scared of spoons why i dont know.. when i had spaz she was scared of balloons
Zeea
New Member!
Female 

21-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Zeea's terrified of the hoover, I don't know why as she's used to much louder noises such as heavy traffic
x_mazzie_x
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Molly hates loud noises and things, like if she hears a bang outside she'll bark her head off, she also hates the hosepipe and the hairdryer lol.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2010, 04:43 PM
As Tess is still in the socialization phase, new things scare her for a while, but then she gets used to them and ignores them..... but there are a few things she really hates and will probably never like no matter how hard I try to socialize her:

the hoover, the big enemy!!!!
sounds she can't understand (she's a border collie and therefore gets really irritated if she doesn't "understand" something): an example... my son has a game on the wii (my sims agents) where he has to solve certain puzzles... the sounds that come out of the tv while solving the puzzle really really get her going: growling, barking and eventually creeping into a corner.... the game has now been banned!!!!
rodents: well, that's not really a bad thing.... tried to get her used to them at a petshop... now she won't go back into that shop.... good excuse next time one of my children comes up with "mummy, can I have a rabbit/rat/mouse/etc!!!"
sheep, goats and deer: and that while her dad is a working dog.... good thing she came to us and didn't go to a farm!!!!

things she loves are people,other dogs, balls, cats, children, toys (especially a cuddly sheep ha ha), trampolines, socks, plastic bottles, etc etc... thought I'd end the message on a positive note.....
Page 20 of 29 « First < 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »