Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2011, 11:30 PM

Dog-napping In Lincs

***CROSS POSTING***
from another forum I belong to someone posted this up and I just had to share!
"Just to inform all that I was out in my front drive today with my sibes a White ford Iveco van drove past and showed some intrest in my 3 Sibes ,I never thought much about it untill I heard it pull up again ,at this point I was repairing a fence just out of site from my pack I then heard a door close and as I turned the corner I spotted a man trying to open the gate at this point I noticed that a second person had come from the rear of the van and to my surprise had a lead in his hand ,wile running down the drive they got into there van and made haste ,I know have a lock on my gate so please take care and be aware.
For information only i Live in Holeach South Lincs.
This has been reported"
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-02-2011, 03:18 AM
wow......swiping dogs...shocking
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I feel pretty lucky that this doesn't happen around here very often. I can't imagine having to live in fear of my dog being stolen.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 03:00 PM
How awful. What a relief they weren't successful on this occasion. This is becoming ever more common and you have to be really careful particularly with puppies/thoroughbreds which they can sell. Even letting a dog out into the garden on it's own now is risky in some areas if access can be gained by these dreadful people.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 05:54 PM
This seems to be terribly common now. I've read of several dogs being snatched from their own gardens.

Thank goodness you were nearby!!

Three puppies have gone missing from their own gardens in my local area. It may not be down to dog-knappers but it seems rather a lot in a very small area...

It's got to the point where if anyone without their own dog shows interest in mine, if they ask if he's a 'pure' Lab I say no!!!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 06:15 PM
It's shocking what's going on regarding all of this and seems to be more incidents unfortunately. Have been thinking more about this n considering getting a security camera installed here for various reasons. Might not stop the most determined of low life but would hopefully be a deterant and some kind of protection or evidence if needed.