View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I had considered that the pups may not exsist, I do hope so. I'm going to sleep on it tonight to decide wether or not to report them to the uspca. Thanks for the help and for the links. :smt001
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:17 PM
How very sad, I echo what Toby wrote about inviting the girl to see exactly how their dog should be treated.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 01:14 AM
How sad, the poor dog. At least your daughter has the sense to know it is wrong. I'm sorry she has been upset though
I hope this has a happy ending. The thought of the dog spending another 10 or more years this way is sad
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Your poor Daughter,I cannot understand people who have animals only to kick them and treat them so cruelly why not put the poor dog up for rehoming it would be a lot happier by the sounds of things.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 08:17 AM
There is a wonderful organisation called Limerick animal welfare, who I know rescue Irish dogs in terrible condition. They've literally taken dogs away from people who have been hurting them - one example is a little bitch who was being hurt by children, who were driving nails into her

She was rescued by them and given a good home. I have absolutely no idea where Limerick is in relation to where you are but perhaps it would be worth contacting them for advice.

http://www.giveusahome.co.uk/dogspages/dogpage32.htm
spot
Dogsey Veteran

24-11-2006, 08:23 AM
http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/law/index.htm

Be warned there are some distressing pictures on here
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
you should invite the friend round to your house and let her see how a dog is supposed to be looked after, it may amke her realise how badly she treats her own dog (probably too late for the prents to change), if not i think i would ring the RSPCA too..poor thing.
Toby I couldn't agree more. I was just going to give this reply. This may give the child something to think about or let them she what a wonderful relationship she is missing out on. Who knows. Big hugs to your daughter, god love her xx
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Such a shame she had to witness someone have NO respect for animals. You must be proud your daughter obviously has a lot of respect. Not alot you can do except invote the girl over, like has been mentioned, but then you have the risk of her trying to treat your dog in this way, how would you react?

I doubt her parents would care if you had words with them. It just one of those things. Maybe if push comes to shove, a call to the RSPCA may be the only answer?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Awww hugs to you and your daughter Evie.
Poor dog.
I would be tempted to report the roaming aspect of the dogs behaviour to the dog warden, you should be able to do it anonymously.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 12:58 PM
I am so sorry that your daughter has been upset in this way. And I am also very sorry for her wee friend, because here is an innocent child being brought up to think that that is the way animals should be treated. She won't think there is anything wrong with this behaviour - how many next generation dog owners are brought up like this?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >