Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Why why WHY!!!! (Rant)

Do people continue to get crosses for the non-shedding side of things!?!?!?

What gets me is the fact they are then surprised when the dog starts to drop its coat!

Just wanna scream!

......and breath.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Ignorance is bliss.
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:22 AM
-hugs-

It's the type of people who don't do enough research before deciding to get a cute curly-coated 'non-shedding' puppy. There's not much you can do about it I'm afraid, other than encouraging people to learn, but I think by the time they meet you it's most probably already too late.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Ignorance and not enough research. Having said that look at the dog is the USA (I mentioned him on a diff thread), Labradoodle. The son has really, really bad asthma (has a machine etc), and the only way they could have a dog was a non shedding one, and it worked well for them xxxxx So it may be a rare instance, but it can work out well xxxxxx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:23 AM
....and another thing......

I spend a lot of time in my classes asking people if they have any other issues they wish to discuss, I give them all my contact details so (if they do not want to discuss it in class) they can contact me at home, we have 1-2-1 sessions initially to talk about any specific issues......

However - nope - some people (as they have had dogs before) know they can deal with the problems, so don;t tell you......until it has got really bad and they suddenly realise they can't

Bad week!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Ignorance and not enough research. Having said that look at the dog is the USA (I mentioned him on a diff thread), Labradoodle. The son has really, really bad asthma (has a machine etc), and the only way they could have a dog was a non shedding one, and it worked well for them xxxxx So it may be a rare instance, but it can work out well xxxxxx
This is BC x Poodle, that is mainly poodle but looks like a BC However that works!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Sorry, haven't seen the other thread....

But wouldn't one of the already established 'non shedding' breeds have done?
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:15 PM
What I don't get is what is so (apparently! ) offputting about poodles that they get crossed with everything else? You'd think that being the non-shedding part of most of these crosses, they'd be more popular...
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
What I don't get is what is so (apparently! ) offputting about poodles that they get crossed with everything else? You'd think that being the non-shedding part of most of these crosses, they'd be more popular...
Took the words out of my mouth! I'm not a poodle type of person but they are nice dogs. The fact they don't shed should appeal to more people. I guess that people get put off because they would have to take the dog to a grooming parlour every 6 or so weeks and this costs ££.... When really if you were shown how to clip/brush you could do this at home easily! But this takes too much time and effort, god imagine the dog hair everywhere once clipped Maybe you should suggest a robot dog instead, cheaper to keep
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

17-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Surely any none shedding dog would need some sort of coat maintenance (like a poodles) though?

Adam
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >