Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2013, 03:16 PM

Dog friendly recommendations wanted - Cornwall

Hello,

Any recommendations for a nice cottage for holiday in first week Sept, four adults and 1 Pippa? Thinking of near to Par Sands as we hear that's a dog friendly beach but open to anything recommended.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Praa sands beach doesn't allow dogs until 1 October
Perhaps you could check out this website to see where is dog friendly all year round....
http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm
Then perhaps check out accommodation from there?
Good luck

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Ah good website thanks. I'd read it was all year round but clearly that's wrong. Cheers.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I did have a look for cottages too but when I realised the beach wasn't suitable I gave up!
We love Perranporth; the beach there is fab and there's some good properties around as well as great places to eat. Hope you manage to find somewhere as lots of places are booked up for September

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Ah, just discovered there is a Praa Sands Beach and a Par Sands Beach. I assumed you'd had a typo, and probably you thought I had too! Par Sands is dog friendly all year according to a few sites.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2013, 08:59 PM
You used to be able to get a 'dog beach' map at most post offices down in Cornwall when I lived there. Clearly showing all those that are dog friendly and at what times of year if applicable.

Here you go - try this

http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/

Brings up two maps of the whole county

Dogs allowed

Dogs not allowed.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jacsicle View Post
Ah, just discovered there is a Praa Sands Beach and a Par Sands Beach. I assumed you'd had a typo, and probably you thought I had too! Par Sands is dog friendly all year according to a few sites.
My apologies, I did look for Praa Sands yes and not Par sands, I'm sorry. I have now looked and I see its only a small place near St Austell and is dog friendly. Hopefully you'll be able to find somewhere close enough. How about this....
http://www.classic.co.uk/Cottage.asp...rea=&pagenum=1

We've used classic cottages and never had any problems, very good company

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Thanks for that, that's a good cottage website and one I've been looking at. The one you've highlighted unfortunately says dogs over 2yrs and Pippa will be just under. But they have lots on there I'm sure we'll find something.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Any luck with finding a holiday cottage Jacsicle? Just wondered if you'd managed to find a suitable place to take Pippa for her holiday

Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Yes! We are going to a National Trust cottage on the south coast, not far from Lizard (?). Looks really nice. It is near to a cliff edge, but has an enclosed garden so she can be off lead in that, and we'll make sure she's on lead whenever we actually leave the cottage. She isn't generally the sort to suddenly dash off and go flying over the edge anyway, she's a pretty cautious little dog so I think we'll be ok, but I am also rather risk-averse so wouldn't take any chances with her! The local pub is dog friendly and apparently lots of places around there are good for dogs. Nearby Kennack (?) Sands beach has a portion that is dogs-allowed all year round. That website has been really useful in checking for beaches so I'm very grateful for that.

Any recommendations for places/pubs/cafes/walking spots etc to go in that area are still very very welcome! Or indeed any tips on taking your dog on her first holiday!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >