Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 11:02 AM

My Christmas bash with the girls yesterday

Had some friends round for a slap up Christmas Lunch. There were 7 of us in total, sadly one had to go early to pick up the grand-kids, so she wasn't here for the pud stage when I remembered to take some pics!

These are the girls I go out with once a month for a pub meal, it used to be our village young wive's club, but as with everything else, age has taken its toll, and we're not so young anymore, but we're still going strong after 30 years of strong friendships! Oh I do love having friends! The reason we're laughing so much is coz the lady who took the piccy stood on a stool to take it just like I did!

Not bad for a bunch of cronies, all now 60+, we haven't forgotten how to enjoy ourselves

No need to ask which one I am, laughing my socks off there, at the head of the table of course, coz I was the poor begger who hosted it all! The girl to my left with her hair pulled back, is my very best friend ever

and one that I took

What a ball we had and the food was out of this world, but then I would say that wouldn't I! I've just had a card put through the door from the blonde lady who thanked me for such a wonderful meal and a wonderful day and she said she is very blessed to have such a good friend, awwww, isn't that nice! She is right of course though!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Lovely pics. Nice to have such good friends and a get together every now and then.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Looks like you all had a lovely day

H, it is nice to have good friends. There are just three of us left from when we were 5. OMG!! That's 40 years of friendship. We like to forget our ages now!!

Hope you and we still have many happy years together!!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 02:00 PM
great pics , I have my ladies that lunch on wed , we all met with our little ones at nursery and all the kids are through Uni now and working , its good to meet with friends you have some history with , we only do it at Xmas now but cant wait till Wed , glad you had a nice time
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 02:03 PM
You're right there is nothing like friends

I've got to say you do all look like you are all enjoying yourselves
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Helena, It's great to see photos of the infamous lunch do which your dogs were so well behaved for. You certainly looked as though you had a wonderful time. I too agree, it is wonderful having good friends.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Lovely pics. Nice to have such good friends and a get together every now and then.
thanks Lynn, yes, as I told them yesterday, if it wasn't for them, I'd never get to wear all these shoes (coz Dave never takes me out now!!!)

Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Looks like you all had a lovely day

H, it is nice to have good friends. There are just three of us left from when we were 5. OMG!! That's 40 years of friendship. We like to forget our ages now!!

Hope you and we still have many happy years together!!
Blimey Deb, 40 years, that's longer than our lot! Funny how even though the years go by and we've all changed (drastically!), we're all still the same on the inside and still care about each other. It's lovely to have them there for those bad times, and we've seen a few of those over the years too.xxx

Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
great pics , I have my ladies that lunch on wed , we all met with our little ones at nursery and all the kids are through Uni now and working , its good to meet with friends you have some history with , we only do it at Xmas now but cant wait till Wed , glad you had a nice time
that's just how this one started, but now they have the grandkids (I don't have the kids or the grandkids, but they still took me into their fold). Hopefully, 30 years down the line you too will still have a nice circle of friends just like these.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
You're right there is nothing like friends

I've got to say you do all look like you are all enjoying yourselves
Thanks Jen, it really was a magical day, we laughed till we cried. It's nice that we could all let our hair down a bit more, not being in a pub or a restaurant which we are normally in once a month for a meal, and even though it was hard work for me, I loved every minute of it. They can't stop talking about my roast beef meal, and although we've booked a meal out for Christmas next Wednesday night, they said can they have me in the kitchen lol! xxx

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Helena, It's great to see photos of the infamous lunch do which your dogs were so well behaved for. You certainly looked as though you had a wonderful time. I too agree, it is wonderful having good friends.
Thanks jenny This is probably the ONLY picture since Zena came into our lives, where she hasn't managed to sneak into it.......but then of course, she was being a good girl, lying in her bed, letting her mum enjoy "her" day! I don't think she liked that idea much, coz today she hasn't left my side lol!xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Delighted it was such a roaring success Aitch, as it is every year. Looks like a lovely spread.......
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2011, 10:41 PM
What a happy gathering - there is nothing like a get together with really good friends is there.

Absolutely no hint whatsoever of any stress or drama of the canine variety!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Sorry I missed this before, wow what a gathering, beautiful, and clearly having fun, would like to have been there - yes I could handle seven lovely ladies I'm sure
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >