Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 07:47 AM

Tis a chilly Thursday 15th December 2022

Morning all. Yep chilly here this morning. Margaret made it over but she did come straight from work as they had to prepare veg etc. for over 150 dinners for today for the staff and the special needs children at the school she works for. Hope you all have a good day.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Had to go for DVLA eyesight test to see if I can see well enough to drive
Very apprehensive if i passed or not and won't know until I get a letter by snail mail.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 11:11 AM
As Barry said taken him for his eye test. Luckily did not have the school run this morning but will this afternoon. Freezing out there and the car park was icy where you parked the cars so had to be very careful. Got the last of the girls Christmas presents whilst out also.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 11:59 AM
Good morning all off to Christmas Jumper Brunch (that's what we are calling it) we should of been there for 10am but there was a water leak last night so they phoned to say don't come water board closed off their car park so we are in at 1pm all good in the end, and we get a 25% discount for our inconvenience which was very good of them I think. So catch you all later. Did not have to collect nephews prescription in the end as sister and brother in law spent so long defrosting the car they decided to head out after collecting from boots at 9am. So all good

Tw Hope its a clear pass did they not give any indication and how do you feel it went?

Brenda Pleased the veg is sorted and Margaret made it over to you are you looking forward to your M&C meal next week?

Sue You be careful driving, be alright when Barry can join you in the driving stakes I suspect. When do the children break up? and as "other" Nan is there does that mean you have the week to yourself? Glad you got the Christmas shopping sorted a very lively Christmas for you this year I suspect 3 youngsters lucky you enjoy.

Griff Hope you are having a good day and all is well with everyone when does your brother arrive?

Chris Local brekkie again today? or are you attaching snow tracks to the buggy's and going off grid LOL

Moyra hope to see you back shortly and just think of all the news you will have to tell us.

Catch you all later very right here and actually the sun is out I hope it manages to melt some of the ice. But supposed to rain over the weekend so that should see warmer temperature and the end of the snow ice at least for a while.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 05:34 PM
I don't know Kazz, I expect Christmas eve at some point.....he hasn't said, he never turns up on time anyway.
Dropped my uncles Christmas presents off at the salvation army, got a phone call around an hour ago.... thanking me, really made up etc, I said....you haven't opened your presents have you?? He said yes Lol....the staff were telling him off and he should wait until Christmas. Apparently his trainers were falling off his feet, mum bought him some new Nike ones and I have just ordered 2 cheaper pairs that she has paid for.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 06:18 PM
Kazz I was looking forward to going next week but it is in the lap of the gods as Margaret has gone down with a stinker. They all have it at school where she works, also her daughter still has it. Hey ho maybe on the 28th she will be well. Have a good evening all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I don't know Kazz, I expect Christmas eve at some point.....he hasn't said, he never turns up on time anyway.
Dropped my uncles Christmas presents off at the salvation army, got a phone call around an hour ago.... thanking me, really made up etc, I said....you haven't opened your presents have you?? He said yes Lol....the staff were telling him off and he should wait until Christmas. Apparently his trainers were falling off his feet, mum bought him some new Nike ones and I have just ordered 2 cheaper pairs that she has paid for.
How lovely what a great present something he needs. Have you seen the weather forecast you and I are -9 apparently BRRRRRR
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2022, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Kazz I was looking forward to going next week but it is in the lap of the gods as Margaret has gone down with a stinker. They all have it at school where she works, also her daughter still has it. Hey ho maybe on the 28th she will be well. Have a good evening all.

Lots of it around but sometimes these things happen eh? have you seen the tv programme Boxing Day on BBC2 9PM The Detectorists gonna give it a watch thought it might appeal to a few on here. It is a series but at least not a repeat
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2022, 07:25 PM
Evening everyone.
Cold here too today.
It was a busy day and I managed to catch up with my friend for a cuppa.

I hope eye tests work out well.
Take care on the ice.
Glad presents were well received.
Hope friends with colds soon feel better and Christmas catch ups happen.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-12-2022, 08:18 PM
Kazz
Specsavers staff are not allowed to comment on how well or badly the DVLA eyesight test did. All they say is it data taken gets electronically passed to the DVLA who make the decision. SO now got to wait until I get a letter in the post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >