Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2022, 02:39 PM

Murky Monday 12/12/22

Good afternoon all

Freezing fog and a very heavy frost today. The fog lifted in town about 11 am Here in the village it is only just slowly clearing. 7 mile apart and yet a very different weather

Took Gary for his eye test and they have referred him to the hospital. His left eye has started to slightly turn inwards, hence the double vision and he has early cateracts in both eyes

Got to the last chapter of the book I'm reading at 1 am, but daren't stay up to finish it as I had to be up at 7.30 am so that's my task for the next short while
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2022, 03:24 PM
I cannot say Good afternoon as just a few miles down the road from me it appears now 3 little children have lost their lives and a 6 year old is still very poorly. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...f97f281c90facc
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Chris that's very worrying about Gary's sight hope the hospital can do something. Hope you manage to finish your book sometimes I hate finishing a good book.

Brenda Hope your day has been good. Did your strange sky amount to anything?

Lynn Your soup made me smile my Nan used to make that an over abundance of potatoes from Grandads allotment I think. Glad you are both feeling a lot better will you be Freya minding this week. Thinking of your lads kind gesture with his Christmas money reminds me my nieces and nephews have made a Christmas donation in Gert's name to Street vets they help the dogs of homeless people I am very touched.

Griff Is this the new neighbours who brought from you troubled neighbours? and did they have the resin done has it been done for a while, Hope its sorted today. How are your Mom and Dad getting on in general with their health? What are your Christmas plans?

Sue Hope Teazle is appreciating the coat a little more, what a shame your youngest granddaughter does not know her Dad, as you say they will all be together eventually maybe 2023 is the year.

Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-12-2022, 04:53 PM
Afternoon Chris, Kazz and all to follow.
We got up to a little snow this morning all gone now and the freezing fog.
We tested this morning as due back to Freya sit tomorrow mine is clear and Gorden a very faint line after testing negative Saturday (day 10 ). We told Mark and Lauren and they said if we feel well enough they are happy for us to go over and start our baby sitting duties again.
Lauren took her this morning for her taster session at nursery and she sat down and played and didn't even notice Lauren wasn't there. Good start for the 4th January.
We popped out today despite Gorden's faint line result as we are already 10 days behind with Christmas. We masked up and got the cards and the pork and gammon for Boxing day dinner.

Chris sorry about Gary's eye results.
Kazz that was dreadful about those children so young. I feel for their parents.
What a lovely gesture from your nieces.
griff hope this doesn't cause upset again.
brenda hope you're ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2022, 05:53 PM
Evening all
Oh Chris, poor Gary..,I hope they can sort Gary out without too much complications
Kazz, yes, they bought it off dumb and dumber and that pair did the resin themselves. It won't cause is any issues as it's literally nothing to do with us, they bought the house, the manhole is in their property so nothing to do with us. I feel bad for them but the house is "all fur coat and no knickers". The old tenant said that, she said that she looked around, it seemed great, she rented it and she said as you sat and looked around you started to see the flaws. Windows not being able to open, those that did open you couldn't close, some were sealed shut.
The people have been there 6 weeks ISH and have had to have a plumber, an electrician, Dyno rod and now Severn Trent.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2022, 09:42 PM
It's an horrendous tragedy Kazz.

The poor parents must be at their wits end with 'what ifs'

No matter how many warnings kids are given, they always think they know best which can, and obvious does, end in tragedy.

My heart goes out to their nearest and dearest