Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 09:29 PM

Upset tummy yet again

all this year im getting 1 bad stomach upset after another, this last 2 days ive been living on immodium right fed up with it. this weekend our first lot of decent weather and i cant go too far from the loo. ill be seeing the doc hopefully 2morrow. rang the emergency doc. huh he wasnt very helpfull. said just take the meds, would of liked to have something to stop the sickness feeling, ive lost about 7lb in weight. (ok not the way i like to diet) and ive eaten 1 slice of toast all weekend. drunk plenty of water, , hate this i really do, just 1 thing after another reecently.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Have you thought about allergies?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Get yourself sorted! Immodium is emergency only treatment.

I would expect the doctor to be doing some tests, take in a faecal sample with you, and get it tested for giardia etc.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I hope you get this sorted hun, fingers crossed for you xxxxxxxxx till then ((((((hugs))))))
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 08:05 PM
srry didnt get back to this.hubby changed my lap top over. anyway went to the docs monday. i had the winter vomiting bug. he gave me some anti-sickness meds. and within hours i started to feel better. i was on a light diet for a few days. and slowly was geting my appetite back still not eating now. 1 main meal a day.and a toast brekky n a light snack in the evening. lost bundles of weight. which i can imagine will slowly go back on but the tiredness and feeling blugh feeling has finally gone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Glad you got to the doc and are now feeling better. You should really treat Immodium as a 'sticking plaster' not a 'cure'. OK to use it if you are caught on the hop and have to put in an attendance somewhere, but you shouldn't take it for extended periods.

Glad it wasn't anything more serious than the bug.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Glad you got to the doc and are now feeling better. You should really treat Immodium as a 'sticking plaster' not a 'cure'. OK to use it if you are caught on the hop and have to put in an attendance somewhere, but you shouldn't take it for extended periods.

Glad it wasn't anything more serious than the bug.
it was at the point where i was passing water. and feeling so sick, last time i was like that i had an angina attack, so scared the living daylights out of me. but i stopped taking them as soon as i could. docs said keep them in the cupboard as a *just in case*