Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by dallys View Post
Aww such a shame for him, looks like you were all having a fab day too.

Sending feeling better soon vibes and alot of winning lottery ticket vibes your way too...£325..sounds like you need them.

Lou x
Well fortunately he's insured, just been on the phone to them, so hopefully I should get some back. But lottery tickets sound good I must admitt
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Awwwww poor boy, hope he is a bit brighter this morning x
He's been sat on my lap, I can see me getting a black eye with this lampshade on his head Bless he's not a happy chappie at the moment
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Poor Bruce, what a nightmare My lot are sending plenty of healing licks to make him feel a bit better.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Pooooor Bruce - looked like a lovely time before that happened. Hope he's not too down at having to wear the nasty lampshade.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2009, 11:10 AM
ouch... both to Bruce and your pocket! I bet he's not happy wearing the lampshade in this weather as well. I wish people were more considerate , there is often broken glass in our local park and we just steer our dogs away from it when we see it but you can't see broken glass in water, hope he makes a good recovery.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Oh dear, poor boy.. Pharaoh sends his sympathy. Normally Pharaoh's trick.. He has managed to find barbed wire in long grass, glass in water, ripped both his knees open on barnacles... He's accident prone poor boy.. Have to say the vet has given up with anaesthetic with him... We always opt for local and staples wherever possible or like his most recent war wound, just painkillers, antibiotics and TLC...

But on his ankle like that I think like you we'd have had stitches again ...

Maybe if he's not bothering at the wound, he could have a collar holiday while you are watching him and only wear it at night? I always prefer socks, tshirts or just watching over those buster collars... save my poor shins as the ram them into the backs of my legs
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
It was a wonderful day by the river, the dogs really had fun, joining in play with other kids and dogs, having a run across the fields and back into the river......

Disaster struck.....and someone trod on something

Yep you guessed it.....Bruce found something sharp

God damn it....good job he's loved, emergency vets and £325 lighter in my pocket....plus a few sutres, out in 10 days

O youngstevie, I'm so sorry. This happened to Hal at a place called Frith End in the New Forest, although his injury was not as bad.

When will people ever LEARN to take their rubbish home with them, how difficult is it for God's sake !

Plus £325 out of your pocket, I am so sorry
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Poor Bruce, what a nightmare My lot are sending plenty of healing licks to make him feel a bit better.
Awwwww thank you, he's had his hat off a while now, I couldn't stand the misery....he's alot happier now
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
Pooooor Bruce - looked like a lovely time before that happened. Hope he's not too down at having to wear the nasty lampshade.
It's sitting on the side at the moment I took it off as he was rfusing to go outside.....once off, a huge wee was in order in the garden
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
ouch... both to Bruce and your pocket! I bet he's not happy wearing the lampshade in this weather as well. I wish people were more considerate , there is often broken glass in our local park and we just steer our dogs away from it when we see it but you can't see broken glass in water, hope he makes a good recovery.
Another reason why I have opted to take it off for a while (maybe wear it at night only) he was stressed.
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Oh dear, poor boy.. Pharaoh sends his sympathy. Normally Pharaoh's trick.. He has managed to find barbed wire in long grass, glass in water, ripped both his knees open on barnacles... He's accident prone poor boy.. Have to say the vet has given up with anaesthetic with him... We always opt for local and staples wherever possible or like his most recent war wound, just painkillers, antibiotics and TLC...

But on his ankle like that I think like you we'd have had stitches again ...

Maybe if he's not bothering at the wound, he could have a collar holiday while you are watching him and only wear it at night? I always prefer socks, tshirts or just watching over those buster collars... save my poor shins as the ram them into the backs of my legs
I've took it off hun, misery faced, not wanting to wee, and general stress levels got the better of me, I will just keep an eye on him.

He has to go back on Wednesday for a new dresing so if he's good without it I'll leave it off.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Aww poor little guy...

He does look rather unimpressed with the collar too!

Hope he recovers quickly x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
O youngstevie, I'm so sorry. This happened to Hal at a place called Frith End in the New Forest, although his injury was not as bad.

When will people ever LEARN to take their rubbish home with them, how difficult is it for God's sake !

Plus £325 out of your pocket, I am so sorry
Thank you, fortunately they are insured, so hopefully some should come back off that. But to be honest if they don't cough up, I'll just work my butt off as long as he's ok, thats all that matters.

And your right, if only people would take thier rubbish home, it would save alot of pain, there were kids playing in the water including my FS, even with trainers on they run the risk of being injured.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Aww poor little guy...

He does look rather unimpressed with the collar too!

Hope he recovers quickly x
Thanks hun, I think he will he's picked up alot since his hat came off, he's chasing a fly at the moment
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >