Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Exactly!!! Here's a link to a thread with some pictures of them:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=38369

Lolo's right, we have a temporary reprieve, I think of four months, during which time we have to persuade Sefton Council that

a) They're great for the area
b) The fishermen are still fishing quite happily there
c) Nobody surfs Crosby beach anyway, Formby point blocks the waves (speaking as an oceanographer here!
d) The only people who really want them gone are the jet-skiers who only use the bay illegally anyway

Am I making it up or are there also some bird watchers who are concerned that a cettain breed of bird isn't coming to the beach anymore because of them???!!!!!

I saw it...meant to watch all of it, I love Coast... caught the last few mins when I turned over for Catherine Tate...

I can feel a Dogsey meet up coming on..... :smt002
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
Exactly!!! Here's a link to a thread with some pictures of them:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=38369

Lolo's right, we have a temporary reprieve, I think of four months, during which time we have to persuade Sefton Council that

a) They're great for the area
b) The fishermen are still fishing quite happily there
c) Nobody surfs Crosby beach anyway, Formby point blocks the waves (speaking as an oceanographer here!
d) The only people who really want them gone are the jet-skiers who only use the bay illegally anyway
I think they are quite interesting, and I actually would make a point of visiting the beach if I was passing just to have a nosey at them!!

I would be pretty freaky though if you didnt know they were there and saw all these man shaped shadows way out to sea at night!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 07:28 AM
would love to come and see the iron men as i like that sort of thing. only one prob dont know where the wirral is!
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2006, 07:55 AM
i watched it,,was really good, ours will be on next week,, i live in the village where the largest munition factory was built 9 miles long 2 miles wide, so will be interesting to see, we cant use the beach as it is still owned by the MOD which is a shame.
but a very good program
huggles
b-eye
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
would love to come and see the iron men as i like that sort of thing. only one prob dont know where the wirral is!
Don't worry BM, we're actually north of Liverpool, not on the Wirral. Jump on a train to Liverpool, but get off at Hunts Cross (south Liverpool). Change to the local Northern Line and head all the way up to Hall Road, then head seawards!

B-eye - we'll be watching again next week, we'll wave at you
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by b-eye View Post
i live in the village where the largest munition factory was built 9 miles long 2 miles wide
9miles x2miles, wow - never knew about that! Must remember to watch this programme, sounds interesting.
When is it on?
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2006, 11:35 AM
quick link if you want to read a wee bit about it,(hope its allowed) www.devilsporridge.co.uk, it is very interesting and the best kept secret during the war. program will be on Thursday 8pm i think
huggles
b-eye
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2