Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2006, 12:52 PM

New Dyson

Hello,

Well today my new Dyson Animal has arrived, (my old Dyson is going upstairs) anyway, I have tried it out, you need ear plugs, for me and Blackie The ultrasonic whistle is nearly unbearable!! Blackie took off into the garden when I turned it on. Anyway, I hoovered the kitchen and a bit of the hall and living room, checked the canister, nearly died When I have emptied it I couldn't beleive how much it had picked up, I had emptied into a bag so I have just weighed it TWO POUNDS!!!!! I'm soooo ashamed, I new the other Dyson is getting on a bit AND the floors haven't been hoovered for a few days but the amount of powder stuff it has lifted is incredible.

Now I'm going to take some head ache tablets.

See you soon, when I get my hearing back!

Ian
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 01:10 PM
lol...I know what you mean. We have one to. We switched from an old dc04 I think it was, which was a hand me down from my mum to the 'animal'. When I first switched it on both dogs barked at it because it sounded different to the old one...lol...they stopped as soon as they got used to it. But yes I knew the old hoover wasn't picking up so well when we switched and it was great how much this one picked up!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 09:43 PM
hate domestics, especially hoovering the stairs, always put on the face and ask oh to do them x never had a Dyson, got a Henry!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I love my Dyson
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 08:18 AM
me to .love my dyson and the animal is great
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Yep, me too. I had a DC01 that eventually died and I'm now on a DC04 which I've had about six years. It's getting a bit cranky, but as long as it picks up, I shan't replace it. Dyson are expensive, but I do love them. Can't compare them to other bagless vacs, as I've never had one. I believe this very subject has been covered already
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I started with the DC01 ....then the 04 then the 07 now the animal
each one got bettter and better infact the 01 died on me after 6 years but the 04 my dad has and the 07 is upstairs still doing well
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Yey! Happy new Dyson!! They are worth every penny in my opinion
I've had my Animal for about a year and my previous Dyson had lasted me about 7 years

It is quite shocking how much they can haul out of the carpet isn't it
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Love my Dyson been using them for years. I am on my second one started with the original model and now I have a DC08 that I got really cheap in the Argos sale couple of years back.
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Well today my new Dyson Animal has arrived ... you need ear plugs, for me and Blackie The ultrasonic whistle is nearly unbearable!! Blackie took off into the garden when I turned it on.
Mmm ... you'd think someone would have thought that the people buying these would have animals - and not make it with a loud whistle noise!!!

We got most of our downstairs tiled last year and the amount of dog hairs that appear is unbelievable And my 2 dogs aren't particularly hairy breeds!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >