Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
there was a 200 year old oak tree you could see it from our back door and it wa amazing.
A preservation order was slapped on it and I watched one day while a builder deliberately knocked it down with his digger. I was yelling to them they then dragged it away and buried it I saw where. Got onto local council they came down and said nothing can be done and fined them. They pay the fines no problems and tell the lies they said they caught it accidentally. They did not
Lynn, that is terrible, as you say the fines are peanuts compared to the huge profits the developers make. And it's easy to say it was an accident. The council say they've done all they can with a fine but it's just appeasment for the council tax payers.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
In fact since I saw about dog poo being responsible for miscarriages in livestock and their subsequent deaths I have not let any of mine run loose in an empty field
Where did you see that June if you still have the link I would be interested.
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
As soon as I find out from the village telegraph I will update.
Yes, we are all waiting

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
New pic on www.northlancing.org if you fancy seeing it.
Very nice photo, memories for you no doubt.

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
You all seem to go to Dunelms but I am not sure there is a local one here.
They are not everywhere

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I can't even afford to go into Dunelm, one day I promise myself, one day
http://www.dunelm.com/
My first (and only) visit to them was spoiled by the text on the box of dinner plates I was looking for "These plates will make your diner parties more interesting and the food taste delicious" How the hell can a plate make the food taste better I went elsewhere to get them

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
and serious retirement is upon me! I'll still do the poultry and bits and bats and look to my dogs of course, but that will be the extent of my labours.
Will be back after dinner (dogs first - then mine) bye fer now.
If you're like me you'll still find there's not enough time in the day I'm also just off to do the dogs diner, they eat first in our house too ('tho I have seen some people who don't agree but they are the sad ones in my book the dogs come first )

Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
June I see country file on bbc1 at 7pm has hybrid wolves in the programme.
Thanks for that, I'll try to watch while preparing dogs diner.

Hope you are well tonight, sorry if I missed anyone above, I might be back latter if I don't fall asleep
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 07:11 PM
It was on Countryfile,Harvey. The 'hybrid wolves' look to be the same ones that were on another programme a while back, identical to my dogs!!!! From memory they take you walks with them so you can experience walking with wolves, made a massive deal out of it, they are not what they say they are
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2016, 07:34 PM
That was a waste of time. Seen them before. Vera can be watched on CH.33 an hour later. Oh and the little collie girlie in the middle is Trudy. She used to grin.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Told Ya, they are bull sh!tters
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 07:45 PM
They looked very similar as you say to yours June plus Elaine's dogs who do have Czechoslovakian wolf dog in them.
Gordon really enjoyed the sausages. I think it also down to the butchers they make real sausages not like the supermarket ones which are full of cheap off cuts and rusk the ones we had today and the ones from the butcher down the road are meat and from their own farm and free range. Makes a world of difference I can eat sausages since moving here and having the opportunity to shop at butchers can't eat any other sausages makes me gag.
Hoping next week it will be beds.
Gorden has also sorted the down pipe out the back too today when we got in. It wasn't fixed to the wall properly and didn't have enough extension bits to direct it to the drain and a puff of wind would blow it away from the gutter so it was permanently off lately. All sorted now proper job done.
Bet he is glad to get back to work for a rest.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 07:51 PM
LOL Lynn, can imagine him praying fervently for back to back meetings
Mine have no CWD in them as I always refused to use them because there is only one line in the UK, carrying DM, due to the crossing of them with NI, the CWD breeders refused to let any more come in and there's no point in it to me. Mine look no different, in fact mine are bigger if anything
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Hello to all you busy hardworking people will you all please just sit down and be lazy so I don't feel so guilty I'll have to sticky by Griff cos like her I don't do much

Got caught in a blizzard last night when out with Sammy, poor wee soul had ice stuck to his nose and head. Got a good walk today because by the time we got up the snow from during the night had mostly all melted but it has been raining all afternoon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Oh my gawd just read Frank Finlay has died too.
The tributes to Terry Wogan on the news were very sad.
Glad you and Sammy survived the blizzard 1CD.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Its like some sort of plague, everyone's going
Call The Midwife is harrowing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes it is and to think its not that long ago it was so difficult for women.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >