View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 04:22 PM
With Zuki she was like a little baby when she had hers, we learnt with her and so with Baku we fed him some kibble while the vet was doing it and he was too interested in the food to notice
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi Sara,
Both Meg and Tyler are chipped,they were chipped at 10 weeks old,Tyler had a lump where his chip went in,but Meg had no lump,just bled slightly.Niether felt it though,they were more interested in the food the vet gave them
I'm sure little chance will be fine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Zanta and Ollie were done and no fuss from them Ollie is a big cry baby.
ramoth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Mine were too busy in the nice treat the vet had to even notice whet he did!! Greedy little git
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Hope it all went well. Even though the needle's quite big it only goes through the skin, so it's not a sore as a little needle into a muscle. Gives you an excuse to give 'em an extra cuddle - as if you need it!
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I had Georgie chipped when he had his second puppy vaccination. The needle looked absolutly HUGE and I cringed when I saw it The vet said he is a SBT he wont feel a thing!!! He got everything ready and he then gave Georgie some liver treats to keep him occupied while he chipped him. Georgie didnt feel a thing, and then the vet got a huge swab of tissue and held it on. I then paniced and said " He's going to be ok isnt he? " The vet must of thought I was mad. He said yep fine, it may just bleed a bit thats all.....he took the tissue away and there was no sign of any blood.

Tough as old boots my Georgie
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Hope all went well, Roxys chip wasn't that bad, she didn't make a peep
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:26 PM
When I got Rye and Pellow chipped Pellow was brave and did not make a sound, but Rye yelped once and his bled for a minute or so, but the were both fine . Iis a rather large needle but don't worry Chance will bel fine
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I had my dogs done a.s.a.p and even my kittens were done at 8 weeks old no problems.
Its not really a needle, just a tiny tube big enough to push the chip down, which is the size of a grain of rice.

No idea where it went in Inca but Tonto's has slowly moved to his armpit, you can feel it through his skin.

Remember dogs skin has folds in it, its not injected into muscle, just under the skin so far less painful than you'd think ...... not that I've even been micro-chipped!
beau delicious
New Member!
Female 

30-11-2006, 06:22 PM
its probably done by now, Beau had his young but i had to have it done for peace of mind, too many dog knappers!!!!
he was a uncomfortable but it was over quick. hope all went well. Beau
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >