Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 02:08 AM

Tilly Says THANK YOU!!!

For all of the good vibes and well wishes and the lovely lovely well made sick bed!!!

We are just home from the vets, Eileen we are 8 hours behind you... sorry I didn't respond in the Daily but I was silly busy at work and didn't get to pop into DAD.

Well the vet isn't unduly worried (phewwwwwwwww) he shaved around the area and said well it isn't big and swollen and angry, sore etc.. it is hard but it moves and that is a good thing. So he sent me away to watch it for a week and to apply a topical antibiotic to it to see if it is just an infection. He said it will either get bigger quicker, in which case it will need to come off, or it won't change, in which case we can continue to watch it and have it chopped off when it is a convenient time, or it will reduce, in which case she can keep the leg!!

I am so relieved, he didn't seem worried and do I really trust this guy, he is super nice and calm and said he sees lots of lumps every week, this one doesn't present any worrying symptoms.

So that is that.. Thank You all so much for thinking of me, it is such a worry isn't it xxx

Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
For all of the good vibes and well wishes and the lovely lovely well made sick bed!!!

We are just home from the vets, Eileen we are 8 hours behind you... sorry I didn't respond in the Daily but I was silly busy at work and didn't get to pop into DAD.

Well the vet isn't unduly worried (phewwwwwwwww) he shaved around the area and said well it isn't big and swollen and angry, sore etc.. it is hard but it moves and that is a good thing. So he sent me away to watch it for a week and to apply a topical antibiotic to it to see if it is just an infection. He said it will either get bigger quicker, in which case it will need to come off, or it won't change, in which case we can continue to watch it and have it chopped off when it is a convenient time, or it will reduce, in which case she can keep the leg!!

I am so relieved, he didn't seem worried and do I really trust this guy, he is super nice and calm and said he sees lots of lumps every week, this one doesn't present any worrying symptoms.

So that is that.. Thank You all so much for thinking of me, it is such a worry isn't it xxx

Phew! What a relief for you. Well in the short term anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn't do any of the 'not so good things'.

Yes indeed the four legged ones are such a worry. But we tend to worry MORE when it's them. I mean - I've never gone to the doc with a wasp or other insect bite but rushed Bella to the vet when she got stung! In fact after it seeming to be totally cured, last night she just would NOT stop licking it (leaving little wet patches wherever she'd been lying) and I'm thinking of taking her back again if she keeps on lol!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Oh thank goodness for that, although I must have missed this original post you made, but glad to hear it's nothing untoward now that your lovely vet has given it his opinion. You were wise to be so vigilant, and let's hope he's right and it's something but nothing. All the best with Tilly, she's such a beautiful girl
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Look at her,sitting there as unconcerned She's beautiful
Good news then,hopefully the cream will work its magic and that'll be the end of that
Good Job Tilly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 07:04 AM
Relieved to hear the vet isn't unduly worried. Fingers crossed the cream works and no removing of lumps is needed.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Good to hear that the vet is not concerned and fingers crossed that whatever it is will clear up with the help of the cream.

Lovely picture of beautiful Tilly
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Daisy what a huge relief all round. Hopefully the ab cream will do the trick and there will be no more concern. Everything crossed.

Beautiful photo of Tilly .... how on earth do you keep her white hair so white ..... especially for an ESS who are usually grovelling around in the undergrowth

A beautiful girl
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Thank goodness for that. Hope the cream works it's magic xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Thank goodness she's OK and the vet isn't worried. Probably just one of those things that appear and worry the life out of us, and it turns out to be nothing.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Yayy good news from the vet

Tilly is a gorgeous girl too xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >