View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MyBostonBoy
New Member!
Female 

31-05-2009, 04:38 PM

What is the best carpet stain cleaner? Potty Training!

My rescue Boston terrier is about 6 months old according to his vet. He is for the most part pottying outside like a good boy. But sometimes he goes inside on the carpet and he seems to think our hallway is the best place. I have a pretty light colored carpet so the poo stains look terrible. I have tried a few different things that have helped but not completely taken the stains out. Do any of you have any suggestions that might do the trick? Thanks a ton!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2009, 04:58 PM
When I had a puppy I used Simple Solution (think that's what it's called). It's great at getting out stains and odours but needs to be applied before the stain drys.

I see your from the US so not sure if you have this product available there, but if you do it's definitley worth a go.
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2009, 05:13 PM
A pre wash stain remover,something like vanish etc,
when dry put bicarb soda over and leave for a while,then hoover up,gets rid of smell
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Speed/efficiency , taking your puppy regularly and knowing when it is about to soil .

When the humans messes up and don't take the puppy out in time the next best thing for urine on the carpet to to blot up the accident with kitchen roll and to flush with soda water/blot again/ wash with 'coloured' biological washing powder .

For anything else remove the mess / rub with white vinegar then washing with biological washing powder and a nail brush should do the trick.