View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't know why it is so expensive to change address details with microchip companies, it must deter some people from keeping their contact details up to date and not thinking about the consequences of not being able to be reunited with their pet

I was able to change my address online with my company when we moved, I took the info with me to work all ready to do it. I filled in the new address and then it asked me for my card details, which was when I realised I had not taken my wallet with me so could not pay there and then so I just exited out of the account and planned to do it later on. It went through anyway though as a couple of days later I got a letter at my new address confirming my new address.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Basically the vets couldnt locate it last year so i took ty to the rspca to have a new one, before they put a new one in they scanned him and found it over his left shoulder in about 30 seconds. i took him back vets and they serched for about 5 mins before locating it, so i left it so again this year taken back to vets and they cantfind it i have rang rspca to have a new one tommorow it will cost £15 but at least ill have peice of mind.
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-05-2013, 08:09 PM
well unfortunately i am going to have to be one of those that don't update their details, as i am now unemployed its not affordable, the £5 it stated on the back of the certificate i see as reasonable, £15 per dog just ridiculous for what is less than a minutes work, having had dogs for 40 years these are the first two that have been chipped, so first time i have come across this.
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Both of my dogs are chipped, as is the cat. I'm going to have to see if I can upgrade to premium memberships as we move house every two years (army) and that would save us some cash! It's cost me £45 since I got the cat chipped in address changing fees. I didn't realise there was a premium option; we're moving again next month so Dogsey might have saved me some money
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 12:06 AM
When we moved we had to apply in writing along with the appropriate fee for each dog to the company they are chipped with, the applications had to be personally signed by us
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
Basically the vets couldnt locate it last year so i took ty to the rspca to have a new one, before they put a new one in they scanned him and found it over his left shoulder in about 30 seconds. i took him back vets and they serched for about 5 mins before locating it, so i left it so again this year taken back to vets and they cantfind it i have rang rspca to have a new one tommorow it will cost £15 but at least ill have peice of mind.
I'd have something to say to the vet who couldn't find it if it was easily found later. You could keep having new ones put in just because a vet isn't skilled enough to locate the existing one!
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2013, 08:10 AM
im gonna c what rspca say today as I agree I left it last year as they found it
He always has his collar on with my details and is never allowed off lead unless in a secure area and luckily alot of people round the area knows he's mine and would soon bring him back lol my only worry is the new law about it being compolsory.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2