Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Another fall.

Mum fell again today but a lot worse than the one 5 weeks ago which was indoors and just shook her up a bit.

She fell in her conservatory backwards and split her head open and skinned her elbow.

Gill and I have been up the hospital all afternoon, they haven't stitched her head just cleaned her up x-rayed her spine as she was complaining of pain there and cleaned the elbow up.

We brought her home gave her some food and a drink changed her into her night clothes and put her too bed.

So in 6 years she has had 1 hip replaced, 1 hip pinned completely destroyed her left shoulder and then the fall indoors which shook her up now this.

Thank goodness for her neighbours I have told her we now have to get tuff with her this was her bringing washing in off the line which she shouldn't of been doing.

Besides strapping in her chair or bed I cannot think of any way too stop her.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Aw Lynn so sorry to hear this what a fright for you all. sending hugs x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Aw Lynn so sorry to hear this what a fright for you all. sending hugs x
Thank you Gill and I are getting a little stressed now with it all. (Again )

Too be honest I am surprised they let her home as she is so frail and 90 now.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 08:04 PM
What a worry for you Lynn, I hope your mum's ok & recovers soon. How nice to have neighbours that keep a eye out too.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Bless her! I hope your Mum is feeling better soon x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 06:40 AM
So sorry to hear this Lynn, I hope she is feeling a bit better this morning.

It is such a worry for you and Gill, I remember my nan kept falling over and hurting herself badly but she refused to go into a home. She lived with my aunt but would fall whilst my aunt was at work, she would be doing things she shouldn't attempt. She eventually developed Senile Dementia but my aunt, by then, felt racked with guilt and refused to have her put into a care home and managed, between her and my dad, to care for her until she had a stroke and the choice was taken away from them.

As much as I wouldn't want to see my parents moving into a care home when the time comes, I sometimes wonder if it would mean the difference between staying safe and not...an awful situation for anyone caring for elderly parents.

(((Hugs))) to you all xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
What a worry for you Lynn, I hope your mum's ok & recovers soon. How nice to have neighbours that keep a eye out too.
Thank you. It is nice the neighbours keep an eye out but she won't stop doing naughty things. We will see how she goes obviously we are worried about shock, thats why we were surprised they let her home the same day.

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Bless her! I hope your Mum is feeling better soon x
Thank you Lou.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear this Lynn. Mum is definitely an independent woman, that's for sure.

Hope she's better soon

*Hugs* to you all x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh bless her heart Lynn, but I'm sorry to say, no matter how tough you get with her, you'll never change her I'm afraid, and I know that from experience as you can imagine! These independent oldies, think they can just carry on as normal, and it takes all these falls to make it sink in that they just can't do what they thought they could anymore Maybe she's learned with this one though Lynn, coz there's been a few now hasn't there.

It's not that they don't listen to you, and it's not that they try and do things they can't a lot of the time, it's more a case of their brains not engaging, they seem to just "forget" that they just can't do it, so up they get, carry on as normal, and whollop they're down again! I saw it so many times Lynn, she's very lucky she didn't break that elbow like my old mum did in her last week here, especially if she's thin and frail now, those bones don't take much to break.

Poor old sausage, give her a gentle hug from me please. I bet she's hurting but of course, she won't admit that will she! Lol!

Another hurdle to come then Lynn, you take care of yourself.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry to hear your mum has suffered another fall Fingers crossed she Is feeling better soon!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >