Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lennydoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:13 AM

Just need to vent my anger

I have a so called friend who some of you may remember me saying I rehomed her little jack russell a few weeks ago to help her out due to her ill health.

Anyway I have just found out from another friend who knows her that after I collected Milly from her on 8th October she went and got a greyhound on 11th October. I'm absolutely fuming to say the least.

This is not the 1st time she has done this I have now been told by my other friend who has known her a lot longer than me. Over the past 3 years she has owned a beagle, a lurcher, and 2 jack russells and rehomed them all after a few months when she got bored of them.

I wasn't aware of this as I have only known her about 6 months and I thought I was really helping her out due to her health and I feel like I have been stiched up.

I love Milly to bits and am pleased we had her but how long until she gets bored of this one and gets rid of it?

I haven't contacted her and don't want to but I just wanted to vent my anger.

Sorry all. Rant over
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I cant stand people like this, I understand your anger. People like this shouldn't be allowed to own any animals.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
If the greyhound was from a Rescue I think it would be a good idea to put this in writing and inform that and all other local Rescues.
dixondog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:31 AM
I understand exactly wot you are feeling via I've been there myself many times all i do now with people like this is to speak the truth to them next time you take a dog of them tell them how you feel about why they shouldn't get another dog also tell them how let down you feek this usually makes people see sense or at least it has worked for me! i don't mean be nasty to them just tell them some home truths in a tactful
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:48 AM
been through this my self with a friend. shes had 4 dogs and 2 cats all rehomed pretty quick and one of them was one of my yorkie puppys - but to be honest they all ended up in much better places then they were with her. Thankfully she hasnt done the "im going to get a puppy for the kids" thing for a while now
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
What a dreadful woman!!! I think you are a very controlled person not to contact her and give her a piece of your mind, I know I would

Someone suggested contacting Greyhound Rescue in your area, I think that is a brilliant idea. At least you have given the little JRT a forever home - poor greyhound, what hope is there for him/her!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If the greyhound was from a Rescue I think it would be a good idea to put this in writing and inform that and all other local Rescues.
I totally agree !
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I'm with Claire on this one!!!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Strange people
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I hope your little JRT has settled in well with you.

It really confuses me as to how people can just 'get rid' of one furry friend, and then 'pick up' another so easily.

Obviously not a Dog Lover.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >