Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 07:10 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, January 15

Good Morning everyone, I have caught a filthy cold from somewhere constant sneezing and coughing. Hopefully it will
go as quick as it came.

Griff you poor lass, you do have to put up with a lot. Hope you feel a bit more positive today. God bless you love.

Lynn, that might be a positive move to contact Google re the sat navs pushing all the lorries down your lane.

Oh Harvey, if you have snow that means it is getting closer. I shall have to get my boots out to keep my feet warm this morning walking the dog.

Calor gas fire will have to go on early this flat is so cold. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.

Looks very cold out there today but dry so a good thing. Fences still up after the high winds last night.
Hope you keep warm today Moyra.

griff it will be the steroids. Gill lost a lot of weight she wa on an anti sickness pill first off. When that didn't work and she was being so ill they put her on steroids she now weighs more than me she has never weighed more than me and always been a skinny little thing until 2 years ago.
She exercises goes for walks with Maisie and Peter always busy although it wears her out, walks round boot sales at least once a week and runs about after her grandson when he stays every couple of weeks.
You do amazingly well and like the others have said always try to stay positive. So just do what you can and when. I am sure they mean well but unless in your shoes cannot understand the pain and discomfort.
June altering the dosage will involve maths no good asking me. Luckily my friend who recommended it gave me the dosage otherwise I use Gordens.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and all doglets too.

I am going to do some googling about sat nave companies today and some housework ready fo Gorden arriving home nice long weekend he is home Monday too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Morning everyone. Fed up today as I had one of my strange spells of not being able to walk. Had to sit down or fall over. Apparently it is a side affect of tinnitus. Happens occasionally and they say to make sure that there is something to hold onto while it passes. Hm not easy but so far not fallen over yet. Anyone have this strange phenomenom? Anyway ok now and have walked Tyto. Chilly out but the sun is shining. Griff if you are struggling with weight just do as I do and eat just a tiny bit less each time and go onto something that is less calories eg: gin instead of wine. I know sounds daft but less calories in gin than wine and having a tonic with less calories. Same as yogurt. And if liking cheese then buy really mature tasting and have less. Works for me. Also if having cheese then no margarine or butter. I also use tomato ketchup instead of marg/butter if having something that has its own fat in. Not easy I know. Chin up and don't let the b...ers grind you down.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Morning,
Awww Moyra, sorry to hear you aren't well, i really hope you cold goes soon and that you can get the flat nice and warm
Lynn, really hope you get something sorted about the lorries, i know it drove me nuts when the jag plant were doing work with the hgv's being parked up in our road and going up and down all day.
Today is a new day, i will try my best to sort the weight out, i hate the way i am, i have never ever been overweight in my life..i did look my drugs up online and it seems to be a common thing...so why on earth didn't they just say look, watch what you eat and exercise more but ultimately it is the medication, god help me if i have to go back and see my orthopaedic surgeon...he will have a pink fit at my weight Lol
Thanks Brenda, i don't have butter or marg and eat cheese only rarely..i am virtually vegan but as it was pointed out to me yesterday even veggies have calories so i will need to cut back on everything
i find working out calories complicated...for instance, i bought some dried spachetti, it says 5 servings a pack so 100g a serving, then the calories on the front says 147kcal each 100g cooked as directed...so does that mean if i cook 100g dry spaghetti it only has 147cal when cooked or do they mean per 100g cooked weight???
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Think it mean 100g cooked, Griff. Please please don't upset yourself over this, its the meds, its not you being a greedy moo is it, so stop beating yourself up about it NOW, thats an order
Spent half the morning on the phone. Hardly any mess to clear up this morning, bin day and managed to collar the bin men and the contents of umpteen bin liners are now in their truck, saved me a tip trip. The only thing is that I know that when I take it to the tip it gets burnt to generate heat etc. if it goes in the bin lorry then it goes in landfill, so really should do the tip trip I suppose. Anyway all my decks are clear of wet shavings and girls Big House is pristine, little one was less pristine, so think they've used that for their morning ablutions, but cleared out quickly and lots of dry left in there, which made a change.
Nice morning here, dusting of snow overnight, icy puddles dotted about and car was iced up. Blue sky with some cloud, will get girls out for a walk in a few minutes.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Good morning

Poor you Moyra getting a cold. Try and stay warm but they do say fresh air is good for you so your walks wit Amber should do you good as well.

Good luck Lynn trying to sort out the sat nav people and hopefully once the floods are gone they will be so used to using that route they will forget yours

Griff I think it means when cooked that is the calorific value. Try not to stress too much (easier said than done) and as Brenda says just a little less per meal may help until the weather improves and you can go out safely without the worry of slipping over.

Oh dear Brenda not good if you are somewhere with nowhere to sit or old on to (hugs)

Lovely and sunny here but still cold. Walked Teazle and then headed into town to sort out some banking. Parked along the sea front and had a nice walk into town. Nothing else planned today.

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Glad your feeling more stable brenda not helpful feeling like that and quite frightening I would imagine.
griff have you tried cutting down on carbs I found out years ago through a test in a magazine that i am carb sensitive not calorie sensitive. I tried it and it worked. Bearing in mind I was not on meds like you or have the health problems. Hope your feeling more positive today.

I have received the new renewal for Dillon today to peruse. You will be interested in this June. Vetsmedicover who were/are underwritten by Elite insurance no longer want to trade in the UK. So have sold us down the river to a company called QIC Europe. We still have the £10,000 vets fees but not for the important bit we need. They word it that they are doing us a favour for covering is joint disorder/injury for a one off £3000 limit. Well that ain't gonna do much is it ? Not for his dog his size so I take it that means if he was break to something he would only get the one off £3000 payment. They say of he doesn't need treatment in the next two years they will reinstate the £10,000 back for joints/injury he will be 6 by then he most likely will be needing some kind of medication. They've worked this out well haven't they ? So we need to find someone who we know will exclude hips and elbows but not injury to the joints.

It's brass monkey weather out there today dry and sunny though so not all bad. Parts of the river are frozen this morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 11:40 AM
TW, pleased you got shot of all the shavings, lobbing in the bin truck once in a blue moon isn't so bad, not when you think how other people don't recycle or would bother themselves with going to the tip
Brenda, my mum had menieres disease and that was a bloody nightmare trying to walk round with her, not sure if menieres is connected to tinnitus but it is a middle ear disorder i think...people used to think she was drunk and would comment on her being in charge of children Lol Our market is round and we found that a particularly bad environment for her...lord knows why but it really made her bad. Hope it doesn't happen to you again
oooooo Sue, i bet that was lovely, a nice walk along the seafront...i do miss the sea
Lynn, that is shocking really bad.... it is awful how so many insurance companies are getting out of pet cover and screwing their clients over...disgusting
i mainly exist on carbs, in fact if i couldn't eat carbs i would literally die Lol i am a dreadful dreadful eater, i won't have soy or tofu and as i say i rarely eat cheese...i should however point out that my illness is nothing to do with my diet!!
hmmm the pasta thing has me totally confused, i have a calorie checker app from the nhs on my phone, according to that 100g dried spaghetti is 342 calories. Just rung my dad and burst his bubble, he was telling me last night to eat pot noodles as they were only 150 calories....i just looked on the pot and it says it is nearly 500 calories per pot Lol. I have just popped an order on asda, mum wanted some lenor stuff and they don't have it at the shop so i decided to order online an add some healthy stuff for myself...i am going to try quinoa
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2016, 12:28 PM
They do a low carb pasta now griff.
What about couscous can add all sorts of things to that herbs, spices etc.,
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2016, 01:00 PM
i have some cous cous, and i also love the asda giant cous cous in morrocan flavour...i usually cook that and mix it in with a salad whilst it is still hot. I have relooked again at the side effects of my drugs and weight gain is indicated in both and also hirtuism with the steroids...that has confirmed what i thought about my hair growth then Lol i am going to be drinking spearmint tea to try and combat that.
Just done 10 minutes vibrating and had a go on my twist board...i can see i am going to cripple myself even further Lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »