View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I feed a mixture of quality kibble and cooked food, that is my choice. I have read up on Barf and nothing about it appeals to me, in saying that I have not met one dog fed on a raw diet that did not look in mighty fine condition. So each to their own.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2006, 05:20 PM
All the dogs' meat I feed is frozen first. Even if I treat them to fresh human grade from the butchers it goes in the freezer first No chance of any bacteria living in there.
And I would rather they had turkey necks or chicken wings than those rawhide thingies or chew sticks. I've seen a dog choke on rawhide chews as it had pasted itself to the back of his throat. And what are chewsticks? they look and feel like re-cycled cardboard to me

At the end of the day, we should all be able to be free to choose to feed our dogs' what we feel comfortable with. For me its raw, for some its kibble or canned. And of course feed what we think suits our dog's the best
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Having seen dogs Ollies Parents,Aunts,Uncles etc, all fed on a raw diet and the fact they live into their early teens which is unusual for BMD and Newfies as the expected age is 10 yrs.I think I will stick to the raw diet,also their teeth are beautiful and white and good and strong with no plaque build up because they regurlarly get raw bones,beef bones.
I think everybody has the right to feed their dog as they choose but having had a dog before who was fed on Butchers and now having Ollie who is on raw,I know now I would choose raw every time as he enjoys his food so much and its as near a natural way as you can get for your dog.The article didn't seem to make much sense to me.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Even if I treat them to fresh human grade from the butchers it goes in the freezer first

just out of interest, do you freeze the meat you eat before you use it? (well before cooking, cos eating meat when it is frozen is probably ulikely unless you are an Inuit)
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I have a friend who's dog had a skin problem (bald patches), for about a year she took him to the vet every month and the he gave her another months supply of expensive drugs, he said the dog had a allergy to grass, she started feeding him raw food and after a month she stopped giving him the drugs because she could see he was looking better this was about a year ago he realy lookes like a different dog now no problems at all now.

What I have written is not the opinion of someone it is pure 100% fact
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
I have a friend who's dog had a skin problem (bald patches), for about a year she took him to the vet every month and the he gave her another months supply of expensive drugs, he said the dog had a allergy to grass, she started feeding him raw food and after a month she stopped giving him the drugs because she could see he was looking better this was about a year ago he realy lookes like a different dog now no problems at all now.
What I have written is not the opinion of someone it is pure 100% fact
Really do you advocate a raw diet then SBT
whole eggs included ,
I got the impression you didn't approve of eggs and eggs are included in the BARF diet ....

Originally Posted by BarfWorld
Quote from BiBARF Combo (Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken) Patties
Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Pork, Finely Ground Beef, Lamb, Pork and Chicken Bones, Beef Liver, Beef Kidney, Whole Egg Without Shell, Cultured Kefir, Carrot, Broccoli, Spinach, Bok Choy, Celery, Ground Flax Seed, Dried Alfalfa Meal, Unbleached Beef Tripe, Apple, Pear, Grapefruit, Orange, Dried Kelp Powder, Cod Liver Oil, Capsicum, Garlic, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide.
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=45994
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:34 PM
it's very mcuh up to the individual what they choose to feed their dog...as I said before.
My older dogs have teeth that are in fantastic condition (well actually the biffters has clean teeth but lets not talk about what the daft mutt has done to them in the past...) as I said the vet has commented on the condition of their teeth and coats..total kible diet (aside form a carrot or 2 once a week...)
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 07:57 PM
ignoring people who wish to to be perdantic................

this thread was to find peoples views on a raw diet, not to attack those who wish to feed kibble or canned.

good honest opinions please!
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2006, 08:00 PM
minihaha, I know you don't get the egg thing, I do feed my dog egg, no shell no white just raw yolk, The yolk makes up about 33% of the liquid weight of the egg; it contains approximately 60 calories, four times the caloric content of the egg white.

All of the fat soluble vitamins, (A, D, E and K) are found in the egg yolk. Egg yolks are one of the few foods naturally containing vitamin D. Egg yolk is a source of lecithin, an emulsifier.

no veg, he's a carnivore
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I find the whole thing really confusing, tbh. There are so many different opinions out there, not just raw or dry but high protein or high carb too.

Seems no matter what you do you can't do right for doing wrong.
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »