Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mumof2boxers
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Where do your dogs wee??

our 2 boxers have been outside in the day whilst im at work,with weather being nice,
however they are weeing on the patio,iv bleached and disinfected,but stinks.

there no where for the wee to go other than the garden,and it hums i sat outside for 5 mins today and was yuck,

i cant let them onto the garden as they have destroyed the grass and plants,they are only just starting to recover,

so im interested on where your dogs wee and how you deal with it?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Whilst in the garden they wee on the grass. Both females and one in particular manages to turn grass yellow. Have lot of patches at the moment which I have raked and put down grass seed - bit of a losing battle though.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:47 PM
If you are having trouble getting rid of wee smells on the concrete, then try washing down with a solution of Biological washing powder/liquid. The bio enzymes in it will kill the smell. (It won't harm plants either).

I haven't yet tried it, but many other people swear by a scented disinfectant called Mistral (search on Ebay) which somes in many mouthwatering fragrances and is used in kennels as well as garden patios.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 10:31 PM
All ours wee on the path, I must look a real nutter as I have a old mop bucket and mop, I use Jeyes and mop the slabs but the smell is much better than wee
Jacquiestringer
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2011, 10:47 PM
My dog doesnt wee in our garden - she wees when she goes for a walk
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Jacquiestringer View Post
My dog doesnt wee in our garden - she wees when she goes for a walk
same here, garden is for emergencies generally they just go on walks
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 07:17 AM
There's a clump of daffodils he's got it in for. They get a regular "watering". Other than that, the lawn gets it on a fairly regular basis and yep it's getting nice yellow patches but meh if that's the worst that happens in any garden I'm in charge of - I'm winning.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Simon wees on the grass. Jake has a special shrub he usually wees on, which is surprisingly still alive!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Shamus and Raz pee on the patio,Daisy goes in the the dog area at the end of the garden.
I hose the patio down every few days if it hasn`t rained. And I chuck a couple of buckets of dilute Jeyes Fluid over it every couple of weeks and sweep it down.
It doesn`t smell.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 08:00 AM
I have dug out a 7'x5' area up a corner of my enlarged patio/paved area and filled it with stones, on top of that i have some fake grass and they toilet on that quite happily. I just hose it down and put a little disifectent on every so often.
I only open the gate and let them down onto the lawn when they have emptied themselves out.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >