Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 06:21 AM

Soggy Saturday 5th August 2023

Morning all. Bet you are all off to Brighton Pride? Nope I am not going as it is raining and the trains are playing silly b's. So, do what I am doing and stay indoors and read a book and watch James Bond again and then Brokenwood. Yeah my day is sorted and I am losing it you are probably thinking? No not really just trying to lighten the mood. Have a good day everyone with whatever you get up to. And this is it I am moving:https://middleton-estates.co.uk/prop...m-by-sea-bn43/
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2023, 08:02 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow, wet here too think this rain is in for the day.
Lovely residence brenda.

Well the Antara has gone to the big scrapyard in the sky one car I really was not sorry to see the back of. I was sorry about the money lost though.

Chris I hope the scooters are all sorted now and you can relax now.
Kazz the garage we are dealing with is a family run business, sometimes far better than these large dealers and garages.
Glad your MOT went well.
Sue us and our neighbours back in Harlow used to take it in turns to mow the front grass.
We also took it in turns to cut the hedge the other side of the path in front of our houses that we were responsible for.
Makes life so much easier if you can take it in turns.
griff you spoil your dad, and thank you for the offer I am sincerely hoping we are not going to need anything more than a service once a year and an MOT.

Have a good day everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 08:21 AM
Good morning Brenda Lynn and all to follow.

Wet and windy here apparently a storm with a name I heard on the radio but did not catch the name. Off to the farm shop to stock up on my bread they do smaller loaves 400 something size and homemade they d do a lovely wholemeal brown I buy 4 and month sorted.

May also get some bacon while there the have their own butchery and farm. Not sure on the bacon yet though, given I had the breakfast out yesterday but def the bread.

Then not much else planned for the day will watch some TV.

Will also continue or maybe finish maybe my kindle book I started yesterday while waiting for the car called "The Coach Trip" by Izzy Bromley I am enjoying it took a page or two to get into it, but the characters are now coming to life and an easy read. Just looked author up and its her first and so far only book will keep an eye out for her easy nice reading.

So that's me sorted hope you are having and continue to have a cracking day all. Having roast Duck breast in plum sauce from Sainsburys for late lunch early dinner finding I prefer a "Sunday" type dinner on a Saturday as the allotment is Sunday morning now and easier to graze after that than cook.

Also have been recording from sky and watching the MASH series I really used to enjoy that not the first couple of series with Trapper John but from when BJ and Col Potter arrived find as with most TV series the characters need to settle in like the audience. Do you have or did you have TV series you used to watch?

Chris Hope the scooter fiasco is soon behind you, I agree the price of vans is astronomical but being a Panda person myself I like them but see they may not suit having a couple of scooter in the back especially with a rear seat passenger if Gary comes as well.

Sue Whatever you do have a great day my new lawn/grass is not even noticeable as new now this rain has been a godsend in some ways.

Griff Thanks for the camera view (get it) I am considering one the level of driving has gone to pot everywhere I think quickly downhill.
You Uncle sounds like he is " coming back to himself" Your Dads attitude sounds like you simply have to live with it and let it roll.

Right all catch you later. I am off now before I get stuck in traffic behind Noah arriving with the ark.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. Bet you are all off to Brighton Pride? Nope I am not going as it is raining and the trains are playing silly b's. So, do what I am doing and stay indoors and read a book and watch James Bond again and then Brokenwood. Yeah my day is sorted and I am losing it you are probably thinking? No not really just trying to lighten the mood. Have a good day everyone with whatever you get up to. And this is it I am moving:https://middleton-estates.co.uk/prop...m-by-sea-bn43/
Wow go for it Brenda looks fantastic
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning brenda and all to follow, wet here too think this rain is in for the day.
Lovely residence brenda.

Well the Antara has gone to the big scrapyard in the sky one car I really was not sorry to see the back of. I was sorry about the money lost though.
RIP Antara. You new car will be fantastic and have many adventures before it too goes to the big scrapyard in fact it will more than likely see Freya's 21st and then some.

Yes I prefer local and family run garages as well Lynn sounds like you have landed on your feet you live and learn as they say.

Are there any more planned dog fun days for your pup to go to in the near future?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 08:38 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and Kazz

Lovely place Brenda I can just see you there

Happy motoring once you get the new car Lynn.

Enjoy your day Kazz.

When we first got here the front lawn was cut on a first come does it. He had a fall just before Christmas and really he is not the same, seems to have lost the plot a bit. In fact my son commented the other day on his driving and I agree he really should not be driving very slow and hesitant.

Well took a chance and took Teazle out - mistake it rained and is still raining. Have just put a panettone into the bread machine so looking forward to that tonight. I was going over to my son's in Brighton this afternoon but decided against it with Brighton Pride going on as I think most of the roads by him will be shut and as no trains no doubt full of people trying to park cars. Although by him it is permit parking or pay at the machine for 4 hours. Yes there are wardens going round as have been stupidly caught when I forgot to put the permit in the window
Catching up on housework but nothing else planned

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 09:12 AM
It made me chuckle as it said water included.lol!! It's called Storm Antoni.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 09:49 AM
Rain, Rain go away

Good morning all

Yep, throwing it down here. Went to the caf in the car and still got soaked. Ted doesn't mind it, but I do when I have a soggy doggy on my knee while I have breakfast. He's fast asleep now laid touching my leg so it looks like I'm going to be soggy for a while yet

I'm hoping that by the end of the week the scooter will be sorted and back to us, but I'm guessing it will be the week after (knowing how lax this place is). Once back it will go in the shed until the new ones are delivered and these two awful scooters are picked up

My little Panda is fine if just the two of us, Kazz. Ted sits on my knee in the front and is strapped in front of my, but when Gary wants to come, we can only get one scooter in the back and we have a struggle to get around. If we do drop on something that will suit, we will keep the Panda as it's such an easy car to drive and park and is very reliable
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2023, 12:46 PM
Ah a soggy doggy. Reminds me of when I did obedience shows and the judge said my dog wasn't close enough. Hm and why then was my leg all wet from a soggy dog walking next to my left leg?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Ah a soggy doggy. Reminds me of when I did obedience shows and the judge said my dog wasn't close enough. Hm and why then was my leg all wet from a soggy dog walking next to my left leg?
maybe it was because he cocked his leg on you.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >