Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Wholesalers in Notts?

Does anyone know a meat wholesaler in Nottingham/notts area?

For Adie's BBQ - not for the dogs, although they may get a few tidbits.

Thank you
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I can only think of Makro if you know anybody who has a members card.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
You might be surprised though, a lot of the time stuff is cheaper at the supermarket!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
You might be surprised though, a lot of the time stuff is cheaper at the supermarket!
Yup, we did a big BBQ the other year and just stocked up on Iceland bits and bobs, they tasted fine! The burgers shrunk loads though but I'd made a bunch of homemade ones - they work out pretty cheap, 2kg of mince from Tesco for £6 (their 1kg packs on multibuy offer, own brand but not Value), 2 eggs*, 2 slices of bread crumbled up*, some fried onion, some garlic, salt, pepper, splash of worcestershire sauce, and if you like things spicy, a few chillies - voila, 16 quarter pounders to serve up in Iceland frozen buns (lightly toasted on the BBQ) and cheese slices. They taste a lot better than ready made burgers! You can make in advance and freeze between sheets of greaseproof paper to defrost on the day if it's easier

*if it crumbles apart too much, egg an extra egg, if it's too soggy, add more breadcrumbs
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Costco just off the A52 into Derby if you know anyone who has a card as well.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
We found one in Chesterfield - my sister can pick up the meat on her way to the BBQ. I think she said the last time she went there it was 50 burgers for £6 so it sounds alright.

I did a BBQ last summer - invited the friends round to meet Louie, and we got those BBQ things from Iceland - £5 for a 26 piece and they were nice too. But being as it is at the end of April I don't think Iceland will be doing them yet

Thank you for the suggestions Will keep them in mind for future reference