Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Morning all
Everybody is up & about a bit earlier this morning.
The walk sounds lovely Jenny I love watching the trees change colour. They seem different every day.
Glad to hear your workmen have finally turned up again Malka you will all have to have a street party when it's finished.
Lorraine your next assignment sounds like double Dutch to me. Good luck with it.
Good luck with the van Helena Photos when it's finished please.
Can you get a frozen elbow??? I've got a painful one that feels like the pain of a frozen shoulder. I couldn't find a comfortable position in bed last night & came down at 1.30 for co- Codemol which didn't touch it at all.
It looks a bit dull & dreary here . Don't know what I'm doing today though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I think I am going to have to email Dillons breeder about re-homing. He has just gone mental down the garden I decided to try the car and fix the back where he sits with the makeshift guard. He was happy going in and out and then I got out to come up to the house to get some string and he grabbed my jacket trying to drag me about in the end I threw a biscuit to distract him he settled down so back to the car we went all was fine I got out of the car turned off the ignition shut it all up and off he went again I took my jacket off he then lost interest.

I have tried so hard with him he doesn't listen to commands thinks he can do what he likes its an ongoing battle with him I am actually becoming quite firghtened of him he doesn't bite intentionally but when he does this he gets your skin and it hurts.
I feel he needs another dog/s a much stronger personality where he knows he cannot demand when he goes out and maybe a job to do. I don't know I am just in bits here.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 09:08 AM
morning all.

Lynne - bit about elbow pain here
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/elbo.../elbowpain.htm

I've sufffered what they call tennis elbow in the past. VERY painful. But it does go away.

All those going on nice autumn walks enjoy them. All those with ailments and problems - commiserations!

posting is a bit stilted as Im getting used to the new Lenovo on my lap and using touchpad.

Extra long walk with Bella today - came back sweltering. She is now zonked out on the couch here with me at my feet (L shaped job and I have my legs up) have rearranged furniture a bit so I don't sit or lie in positions that are bad for my back muscles when dossing, watching tv or just mucking about on my tablet. Not good to doss with head turned to one side all the time or to sit with legs tucked up and one side stretched out while other is scrunched.

This is the new Tang and it's darned uncomfortable lol but I will persist.

Today is the day I WILL knock those accounts off and get them off my mind. But more coffee first.

Had long chat with Jen earlier and she said it was the coldest night for her last night. Had chat with Martin before bed last night and he is in a funk coz I am basing myself at Jen's in Reading for Xmas and not Bath (but he told us he was bluddy going to Poland!)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Oh Lynn, how sad you must be feeling dreadful
I just don't know what to say because I have very little experience with big dogs.
Do you think the move has unsettled him? Would a trainer or behaviourist help?
You have come so far with him it seems a shame.
I wish I could give you a great big hug
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Lynn its all part of them growing up, its not only Dillon acting like this, I had an email from Taran's mummy the other day saying he had taken the foam out of the cushions on the couch in the tack room, where he had been happy to lie for many months now without touching a thing, this has been going on for several days now, and the cushions are in a dreadful mess. He and Dillon are around the same age are, aren't they, its just a case of sitting it out and it will pass, although not without you wanting to strangle them first. Kaya's (Taran and Mabs's sister) mum rang me in floods of tears the other day because she had all of a sudden had a shredding session when she was out and attacked the couch as well and she had people coming the following day (mmmm maybe the couch manufacturers are giving them commisssion)
I don't think throwing him a biscuit when he is up to no good is helping to be honest, because you are almost rewarding him, if he does 'x' he gets a biscuit, won't have taken him long to work that one out.
Are there any training classes near where you live now, maybe if you started doing things with him it will occupy his mind more and they may be able to advise you on strategies as well. Try not to let him know you are feeling scared of him because that takes you down a whole different road, you need to stand up to him, just like you would to a naughty teenager who was having a tantrum.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think I am going to have to email Dillons breeder about re-homing. He has just gone mental down the garden I decided to try the car and fix the back where he sits with the makeshift guard. He was happy going in and out and then I got out to come up to the house to get some string and he grabbed my jacket trying to drag me about in the end I threw a biscuit to distract him he settled down so back to the car we went all was fine I got out of the car turned off the ignition shut it all up and off he went again I took my jacket off he then lost interest.

I have tried so hard with him he doesn't listen to commands thinks he can do what he likes its an ongoing battle with him I am actually becoming quite firghtened of him he doesn't bite intentionally but when he does this he gets your skin and it hurts.
I feel he needs another dog/s a much stronger personality where he knows he cannot demand when he goes out and maybe a job to do. I don't know I am just in bits here.
Only just seen this. Oh dear Lynn. I dunno what to say really. I'm assuming you've tried him at 'training classes' by now?

Don't like to read that you are beginning to 'feel frightened' of him at all. I've only ever had one dog that scared me (because it showed aggression to my toddler) and I hadn't had it five mins really so back to Battersea it went the very next morning.

Let us know what the breeder says. Mate this is just not being your 'best year' really is it?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Like Lynne says its grey and nasty looking today, felt really cold when I went out to do brekkies and skip out.
Mabs in fine form this morning, babies fat and contented.
Have cleaned up (she is very good though always uses the paper) and put fresh paper down for her and mopped, sat having brekkie now.
Nippy all the best for your blue badge, I remember when I got one for my mum it just needed a letter from the doctor, do you actually have to go for an interview or examination now? Was watching something the other night about them checking on blue badges and it was amazing how many people were displaying them that really shouldn't have been, one was actually a Ferrari!!!Think some of them turned out to be stolen as well.
Well done on your TMA Lore, your next one sounds interesting.
Lynne I think there is such a thing as a frozen elbow, only its called Tennis Elbow.
Have got some phone calls to make, am in the middle of researching Cruz's GSD side of his lines and have come up with several sets of g.g.g grandparents who are all white!!!
Considering I have all these very dark puppies,and I assumed from the names on the pedigree (like Black Ebony Princess for instance!!!) that there was black in the background, no they are white There is also Vondaun right at the back, and they are white.
Mabs gg grandmother was sort of an apricot/cream colour, so am surprised I have got so many dark ones now, need to speak to someone who knows more about colour than I'll ever know
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I know June but I had to do something to get him off me he was getting my arm too. That's why on his second attempt I took the jacket off he then lost interest.
I have completely ignored him since he was shut out of the house for a while and is now in and barking because he feels he wants to go for a walk but I feel he needs to be ignored and do things on my terms not his.

I wonder if he needs a job to do permanently as well as other dogs around. I am just beginning to feel I am not giving him what he needs and am in a really bad place still mentally and he is taking advantage of my low ebb.
It isn't fair to him I feel I cannot give him what he needs at this time.
I have emailed his breeder I will see what she says.
He doesn't touch anything in the house. Its me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 09:31 AM
No Pat its not and I feel a lot of these problems have stemmed from me being so low at such a crucial time for him and his learning. We couldn't afford training classes then or the petrol to get there.

If I had had a crystal ball I would never of got him I would either of not got another dog or waited till we were sorted and settled.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Lynn its BECAUSE you are at a low ebb and he is picking up on it, so everything is unsettled for him, change of house, you've been very very unhappy about the move and can't get over it or round it, and you are the one nearest to him that he has most to do with. He can't sit down and have a chat to you over a cup of tea and tell you how he is feeling, his behaviour is the only way he can express it.
No idea where you are in Norfolk but looked this up for you
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/trai...bs-in-norfolk/
I just think if you could go somewhere and get some proper input from people who know their stuff things would be very different. It would also help you indirectly as you are on your own with this problem and all the stuff you are unhappy with and going training would give you something different to think about and also help you with Dillon
This age is one of the times lots of large breed dogs get rehomed because of their behaviour, but it WILL pass
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »