Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 06:18 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread. (Tuesday).

Morning everyone.
Looks and feels a cooler day again today which I am thankful for as we are off house hunting again.

I haven't checked through last night posts after about 9.30 so when I do my mentioning of people I hope I won't of left anyone out. Apologies if I do.

June big (((hugs))) you need them.
Norma big (((hugs))) you need them too.
Malka big (((hugs))) you also need them. I do hope they sort that kerb today and stop you from being a prisoner in your home.
Helena enjoy your day of nothing much to do, it must be a very strange feeling.
Bev good luck with all the packing etc., you have to do today and all the other stuff that goes with it.
Pat I believe you fly home today safe journey. Correction re: Pat glad you arrived safely home. Just caught up with last nights thread.
I think and hope that's everyone mentioned that needs mentioning and if not here's a few spare (((hugs))) for human or animal needing them.

I will pop on and off before leaving at 9.30 then it will be catching up when I get back.
Wish me luck in finding a new home today this is hard enough to do as it is and I need something to wow my socks off today to make me feel its all worthwhile.

Have a safe and happy Tuesday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Sending all the good luck vibes I can muster at this time of morning for you Lynn and I hope a 2nd viewing on 2 of them (I think?) will clinch a deal and you will be on your way to your lovely new life, worry free. My mum always said if it was raining, it was lucky and the house would be right, so with today's forecast you never know. Looking back, all the houses we ever bought were in the pouring rain, even this one here.

June, hope you slept well last night with all your problems, and let's hope today they will be a lot smaller.

Malka, hope all is ok with Pereg and that you slept well last night.

Pat, glad you arrived home safely, and you must be sooooo excited with the thought of being reunited with Bella today. I hope you've got that day bed ready for her though Yeah, I'm sure you have

Well, overslept a bit, so Zena will only be getting half an hour before my hair appt. but I can take her out again lunchtime or this evening, but wish I'd got up at 6 instead of 7.

I'm debating whether to actually tell my hairdresser how miffed I am with his last cut when he asks (cos they always ask don't they). This could be detrimental to my colour though Hmmm, think I'll stick with "no comment"

Off for another coffee and to get myself ready, wish me luck, I do hope it's not going to be a 2nd disaster in the salon this morning, but I don't really have much choice, he's the only guy in this town who can actually cut hair properly, at least I thought he could till he proved me wrong last time. I have printed off my picture and I shall slap it on the shelf and shut up and let him get on with it. Awww gaaaaawd, dreading it

Catch you later, enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Morning Helena good luck with the hairdresser.
I am sure it will all be fine.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-07-2013, 06:59 AM

Pereg had her 7am meds and then 20 minutes later, just when I thought we were going to have a lie-in she had a major Grand Mal seizure. I guess I should have expected it after yesterday's diabolical performance and no, they are nowhere to be seen so I will not be able to get out for the foreseeable future and yet I have just seen the old boy from the house next door the other side trundling along on his scooter so they have obviously made some sort of facility for him to drive out and drive back again.

Poor Pereg - only made 24 days seizure-free and I do not think this was a one-off. She is most unhappy and still very disorientated from the seizure and I am expecting another one any minute.

Now have a ton of bed linen to wash and make up the bed with fresh once the bed has had a chance to air.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Good Luck with the house hunting today Lynn.

June lots of hugs to you and more hugs going to Norma and malka.

Good luck with the hair today H. Hope they get it right this time.

I am loving my week off this week even though it is busy with clearing out and packing and job hunting, its all things I am doing from home in my time.
I think the poor dustman is going to have a heart attack when he gets to my house today and sees all the rubbish I have put out for him. .

I have to overcome one of my biggest phobias this evening and that is hedgehogs. The family of one mum and two babies living under my shed is causing misery here to Lily and I.
All day lily is getting stressed running round and round the shed sniffing, then about 5.30pm Lily and i have to go indoors and shut all the doors and windows as mum hedgehog comes out for a drink and then strolls down under the bush till it gets dusk. She then wanders about and after dark the two babies come out. none of them stay together and they are spread around my garden meaning Lily can't go out. (she would tear them to shreds) and I am too scared to unlock the door. So i have to risk life and limb and venture out at 11pm on our estate through the chavs and their dogs to get Lily a bedtime toilet break.
I now have to pluck up courage tonight to go out and catch them and put them in a box and for their safety and mine, and lily's sanity, drive them to the country park and let them go in the woodland there.
I am already shakey at the thought of even going into the garden with them. I wish they would all come out together so i could get it over with but there is a few hours between them and I don't know if the babies would survive without mum yet if I took her separately.

Anyway have a good day all and take care.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 07:01 AM
|Malka just read about dear pereg. I am so sorry, hope she is ok big (((hugs))) to you both.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning Lynn and Helena,

Lynn - Good luck today and we will all be expecting positive news when you get back.

Helena - Good luck at the hairdressers and 'yes' if he asks I'd tell him you weren't very happy. I did that last time to my hairdresser and she was so apologetic and only charged me 1/2 what she normally does last time.

My boys woke me at 5.20 but I can't blame them as it was raining so heavily last night that they only stayed out long enough for a wee. HOWEVER, Rucksack the little b*****d found some fox poo and rolled in it all up his neck. I scraped what I could off but had no intention of bathing him at 5.30 this morning so laid a huge towel in his bed and made him stay there ... which he did I did settle in the kitchen then myself to make sure he didn't climb on the settee though.

Agenda for today: bath stinky dog, food shop, coffee at 11 with friends and then the whole afternoon helping my son empty all his cupboards and take loads of stuff down to the charity shops ... and walk the dogs of course.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Malka I am sorry to be reading about Pereg. How come that man is able to get out it seems very unfair.
More (((hugs))).

Morning Bev is there a hedgehog charity you could call who would come and round up and take the hedgehogs.
You don't want a massacre in the garden plus Lily would suffer from the spines they would leave behind.
Good luck with all you have to do today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Morning jenny. oh no naughty Rucksack. Good luck with the bath and the cupboard cleaning today.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2013, 07:13 AM
Malka and Bev you both snuck in.

Malka - I am so sorry to hear about Pereg ((((hugs))))) to you both and I hope you she has a settled period now.
Bev - Good luck with the hedgehogs and if you haven't got really thick gardening gloves throw a towel over which ever one you are catching at the time. (((hugs))) ... the things we do for our dogs eh
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »