Female 

10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Yes, hugs from us too. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Think it's one of those days for staying snug and snoozing(not very nice weather), keep cosy Ollie, sending big cuddles and hugs to all of you ((xx))
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Awww,Bless him.
I suppose he will have good days and not so good days,hope Ollie improves as the day goes on.

Sending gentle cuddles xx
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
I can't believe I missed the last update , the video looks like Ollie is definitely improving even if it's slowly, so pleased to see the steroids are making such a difference. Huge but gentle cuddles to your gorgeous boy and hugs to you both. x
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Hope Ollies had a better day today Lynn, sending hugs x
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Just wondering how Ollie is, hope you're all ok ((xx))
Morning thank you all.

He has just had breakfast and we had a bit of a lie-in because he went out with Michael at 1 am and me again at 5.30 am. He is weeing and drinking for England at the moment.

He is very quiet in himself but the steroids can make them lethargic or depressed it is hard to tell which one he is but he is definately one or other. He has eaten his breakfast he stands twice a day for that and rises now really well for going out to the toilet and to have his harness on. We still use the harness for taking him up and down the ramp and anywhere where there may be a slight alteration in the ground level as he is not confident dealing with these things on his own yet. The ramp can be slippery or frosty and we don't want him hurting himself by sliding off.

Luckily so far if anything his appetite has settled down he is not begging for food which I thought he might because he has always been a gannett except for Friday when we had pizza but in general he is being very good. I was really worried he was going to be a nightmare and constantly hungry. Maybe the kibble I have put him on is helping with that.

When he has been for his wee I will be able to tell if his walking has improved at all today it is hard to tell at 5.30 in the mornings. So will update with that later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Yes, hugs from us too. xx
Thank you VB. I expect you could do with a hug back.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Well that sounds positive Lynn, the fact that he is standing and getting up better, but I suppose it is easy to get carried away with the good things and you are keeping it all in perspective...I still have everything crossed here for him xxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:08 AM
It sounds like the steroids are having some positive and negative effects, like most medication. I am glad things are progressing Lynn, and fingers are still cross for you and Ollie xxxx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Sounds like he is doing much better Lets hope it continues x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Well that sounds positive Lynn, the fact that he is standing and getting up better, but I suppose it is easy to get carried away with the good things and you are keeping it all in perspective...I still have everything crossed here for him xxx
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
It sounds like the steroids are having some positive and negative effects, like most medication. I am glad things are progressing Lynn, and fingers are still cross for you and Ollie xxxx
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Sounds like he is doing much better Lets hope it continues x

Thank you all.

If you take the bigger picture yes he is improving yes he and us are dealing with a few side effects which is to be expected. He hasn't been on them quite a week yet so in that time he has come along quickly if we will see more side effects creep in the longer he is on them I am not sure I feel it will depend on how long he is on them at the high dosage he is taking at the moment.

So far today he has gone 51/2 hours without needing a wee and that is after taking a long drink after his breakfast so that is a plus side, we were lucky if we were getting 3 hours yesterday. So hopefully it is a positive thing and not going to turn out to be a negative thing. (Just got called out for wee duty.) I would say once he gets going his walking has improved quite a bit he still has the ataxic roll not nearly as bad though but definitely still there and he takes a minute or so to get his coordination sorted but once he does his back legs particularly are seeming to move more like normal.

Gorden and I are going to take him for a little stroll down to the grass at the end in a while and we will video it. It is so hard to tell how much and what improvement he has made in the short journey out to the ramp and back.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 11:52 AM
so glad to be hearing good news, he seems to be on the up more than he is on the down now, which has got to be good. Keep up the good work all of you, hugs to him please xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
so glad to be hearing good news, he seems to be on the up more than he is on the down now, which has got to be good. Keep up the good work all of you, hugs to him please xx
Thanks we will. It is such hard work though I am absolutely exhausted. Constantly picking up and washing dirty quilt covers re- doing his bed if he has an accident although thankfully has only had one so far. He will walk his muddy paws all over his bed cover though. Also washing down the the french doors inside and out from all the mud he brings in from the garden where he does his business.

But hey he is worth it.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thanks we will. It is such hard work though I am absolutely exhausted. Constantly picking up and washing dirty quilt covers re- doing his bed if he has an accident although thankfully has only had one so far. He will walk his muddy paws all over his bed cover though. Also washing down the the french doors inside and out from all the mud he brings in from the garden where he does his business.

But hey he is worth it.
Hmmm - just like having a litter of puppies!
Page 109 of 123 « First < 9 59 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 > Last »