View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:30 PM

My mum has finally got what she deserves!

Rang the bank this morning to check how much my Mum has in her account and lo and behold some kind person has paid in £438 yesterday????!! What kind soul had done that I thought??? We went down there and I got a print out for the week, turns out it's her long awaited attendance allowance (I think?) It's got her pension number and AA at the end, whereas her pension has got the pension number with SP at the end? Got home and there's a letter in the postbox from the Attendance Allowance people saying they are currently looking into her claim!!! I told her she shouldn't care about correct paperwork as long as the money's gone in the bank!!!! I don't know how much she's getting per week, but we have only claimed from the 23rd March so it hasn't even been a whole month yet??? Blimey, at last, she's got something she deserves having worked hard all her life and never made a claim from the Government before. Justice has been served I think!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:33 PM
thats fab helen .................well done
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:34 PM
well done!!! but be careful as often if there has been any overpayments they can demand it back...

Alex
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks Inca! It's all down to the Welfare officer filling in the form with us that day I think, coz the one I filled in previously got refused. Although it turns out the reason that one was refused was because she hadn't been back in the UK for 6 months then.

Thanks Alex That's what's worrying me coz I can't believe she would get £109 per week if you divide the amount by 4, but then it hasn't even been 4 weeks??? I will be able to claim my carer's allowance as soon as I get some paperwork confirming she has been accepted, but at the moment I've got nothing to go on, only the amount paid into the bank, but that's ok!!!! She's well happy!

Mind you, she can't go anywhere to spend it now she's in this condition, so I told her to save it and when she's able, we'll go and have a jolly good shop!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Well done H's mum :smt041 :smt041 you deserve it
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:21 PM
That's brilliant and I am so pleased!

Just to add I looked it up and the rates are:

"The amount you get depends on how much your disability affects you. There are two rates of Attendance Allowance.

Attendance Allowance Weekly rate
Higher rate £64.50
Lower rate £43.15 "

Maybe your mum's includes some other benefit?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Brilliant news for you both.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Well done so glad she has got what she deserves my Mum gets quite a few extra bits and pieces but I think the elderly deserve them they had nothing when they were young and life was a hard struggle so a bit of help now they are older is no more than they deserve.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 01:25 PM
nice one, give mum our best wishes, hope she is keeping well
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Well done about time I think.

It does take a long time for benifits to come through but they do get there in the end.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >