View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:34 AM
i would ask him to end the friendship too, i defintally wouldnt trust her she sounds very maniplutive & men can be easily lead by this type of woman. My friend went through this last year & let the friendship go on too long, until he was about to throw his marriage away,
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:41 AM
ive pmd m2m about this but one thing i will add...i have a lot of friends on MSN (male) who bitch and moan about their wives/girlfriends and how they arnt understood etc....

But one thing i ALWAYS do i encourage them to talk to each other and find a solution.....i would hate to break someone up!...

I have one friend...he has depression etc from work...wife is ill...got a bit flirty but i always told him to think about how his wife would feel...

now we have spoken about meetingup in the future...at a show BUT i have also said to bring along his wife...from what i understand she is very nice!!!

but i can also see there would be plenty of scope for manipulation and some women get a kick out of causing trouble...

Alex
xx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 09:53 AM
glad you have cleared the air......men like female attention hun, they get a buzz out of it. My OH did something similar they get lead on by these ladies. As for the propsed meeting, at least from what I can tell he was only meeting as friends all though I think she wanted more. He has now been honest with you and I think you have the right to demand an end to this friendship as it is not benificial to either of you. It may take time to get your trust again but don't let this ruin a special relationship...men can be fickle and don't see things the same as us

If you ever need a chat i will PM you my number, I have think been through everything imaginable lol but am still relatively sane ....

Mel xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Just read all through this. I am glad you have spoken to him Do you feel any easier ?
I must admit I would be asking for the Friendship to end on MSN and he definately hadn't think about meeting her Friend or not.
I believe I am the one he is married too or made a commitment too and if it is to remain that way I always come first, if there is ever any doubt over it then say so and we sort it out now. It does of course work the other way too.
Sending (((Hugs))).xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Morning all, well I'm absolutely shattered this morning and my eyes feel like they're three times the size they should be from crying! He finally got in at about 10:45 last night and we stayed up talking until about 2:30am. I'm probably not going to make much sense as my brains not quite caught up with me at the moment.

I told him how I was feeling and to begin with he became quite defensive and clammed up a lot. After I while I managed to get him to open up. Apparently he started talking to her a while back after we'd had a bit of a row, he had basically spilled his heart out to her and she had manipulated everything around, telling him that I was being ridiculous and that he was better off out of it. He said he regrets not saying anything back to her at the time but he did just go along with it after we made up he said he felt incredibly guilty but being the softy that he is didn't know what to say to her. He said maybe he was seeking attention from her a little as I have been working so much lately. I explained to him that once July is over it won't be so bad, but as it stands I'm working full time, have a portfolio to finish and exams in July. He said he understands and that he's willing to work at it if I am.

We had a long heart to heart after that and after everything I asked him where he was going to go with her on Monday, as he hadn't mentioned that to me at all. He looked totally surprised and asked me what I was talking about. I just gave him a look and he asked me how I knew to which I told him that I'd had my suspicions ever since he asked me about my shift. He said he was really sorry, that he had been planning to meet her as a friend. When I asked him why he lied to me he said he didn't want to hurt my feelings, and that if I didn't want him to go he wouldn't.

Everythings not perfect but I do feel slightly better that I got everything off my chest thanks so much to everyone here - without you I probably would have carried on as I was until I was at breaking point. I love you all x x x x x xx
You see, if he HAD met her, things might have got out of control just like some of us said, but now you've nipped it right in the bud, also like some of us wanted you to. Things won't be right for a day or so, but it won't take long to clear that stale air around you both at the moment. You with your mistrust of him now, and him with his feelings of guilt, but you'll soon get back to normal. You mustn't dwell on it now though, you must try and brush it aside (easier said than done I know! )and if he shows no signs of contacting this woman again, I'm afraid you're just going to have to try and forget it, otherwise it'll linger, always in your mind, always that mistrust thing, and perhaps during the next row (if you have one!)you'll drag it up again, just like I used to!

I'm so glad you've got over the first hurdle, and if he seems to be regretting his actions, then don't torture him, well, not for too long anyways! Hopefully, you'll find you've got the upper hand now, and he'll be eating out of your hand for quite a while now! Awww, I felt so very sorry for you, but I'm so glad you did the right thing and stopped it in it's tracks, hopefully! YOu take care, and keep studying hard, you need those qualifications, that's the most important thing in life right now for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 10:27 AM
As I suspected, sadly.

Hayley - you must now insist on a couple of things. Firstly that he does not meet this woman on Monday, and secondly that he breaks all contact with her.

She's trouble with a capital T and your OH is being manipulated, flattered and led astray. Men are up for a bit of flattery, just the same as we are.

These two are a must if you are to salvage your relationship. I am hoping he's already cancelled anything to do with "her" already, without you actually having to ask.

Demand it!

x0x0x0x0x
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I agree with Vicki,

My ex wife did a similar thing, it resulted in them having an affair and ultimately I lose my marriage because of her....

All because I thought it would be ok with them still being friends....

Take Vicki's advice xx
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 11:27 AM
So glad you have had it out with. One thing that worries me is that he said he would not go on Monday if you did not want him too. He should be telling you that he will not be going full stop. Just makes me wonder what she is going to put into his head if he does go on Monday
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 02:39 PM
welldone for talking to him about this ,best out in the open
,if you have this womans email address .... you could send her a quick email , (not a nasty one ) just say just quickey ,and tell her ,thats you and oh have had chat ,he tells me you two have been chating ect ect ,then end it by saying ,he is in a relationship with me ,and could you kindly ,keep out of it ect ect , she would deff think twice about ,all the bother that would come with meeting up with him

the internet is a very good think ,but it can be a lot of trouble as well . good luck sweet heart
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
welldone for talking to him about this ,best out in the open
,if you have this womans email address .... you could send her a quick email , (not a nasty one ) just say just quickey ,and tell her ,thats you and oh have had chat ,he tells me you two have been chating ect ect ,then end it by saying ,he is in a relationship with me ,and could you kindly ,keep out of it ect ect , she would deff think twice about ,all the bother that would come with meeting up with him

the internet is a very good think ,but it can be a lot of trouble as well . good luck sweet heart
better still get him to write the email ,whilst you are sitting there just a thought
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >