Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Surrounded by numpties!

A lovely part of the country but full of numpties who seem pretty clueless when it comes to dogs

The people over the road have 3 SBT's all bitches,leads don't exsist and everyday they run up and down our street whilst been put in the car to go out,the same when they come home and are let out the car,they go crazy when folks walk past the house barking and are always having a go on the front garden

Folks around the corner have BC's who are allowed to take themselves off for walks,one bit 3 people on the same morning,dog warden and police got involved,not sure what happened but it's made no difference whatsoever as the dogs are still allowed out on there own

Round the other side you have an idiot with a Rottie,friendly enough but jumps the little 4ft fence and escapes

Down the local lake is a free for all,owners driving the dogs down there, opening the car door,letting out the dogs so they can go to the toilet,then call them back and drive off Loose dogs with no recall and causing mayhem to the fishermen when they charge through all there stuff and tip over rods,bait etc whilst chasing the ducks before jumping in the lake,others decide to stop and wee up coats,bivvies etc.

Then we have the owners whose dog is very friendly whilst charging over to mine growling and showing there teeth,again with no recall

Anyone else live in an area full of numpties or is it just me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Luckily not to bad here the odd one or two but more of us sensible people.

Sounds horrendous Sal.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2011, 08:42 AM
i think you are very unlucky
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:52 AM
No it doesn't sound as bad as this but I do live in an area where there are a lot of Staffies and the owners play "macho man" and don't use a lead!

I am afraid I always cross over the road if I see any breed of dog unleashed to put distance between us. If their dog runs over the road to get to mine and gets run over it is the owner's stupidity that has caused this not me.

If other people let their dogs charge up to Cherry (on-leash and partly blind) they meet my pet corrector spray first! Not having it-I am now off to buy a t-shirt on e-bay that has "beware of the owner" across the front!
budster
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I have two staffies who are always kepted on their leads when road walking but we have had twats that lets the dogs come running over to our two and try to pick on them, and i always worry thatif our dogs snapped at them of course the news would read staffy dogs attack why cant people keep the dogs under control. i dont think any dog should be allowed to walk round the road with no lead on, they should bring out a new rule that all dogs need to be on leads when pavement walking
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I have a TOTAL numpty at the end of our road.

We live at the end of a private track - very farmy, and quite a "well to do" area. At the end of our road some people have just finished building their house, and they have this dog - Betty - who is a total pavement special - cant pick out any breed from her. But she clearly has dog aggression issues - through fear or what I dont know but they allow her to wander around the lane -as their house opens on to it - no fence....And me and Zulu were walking past yesterday - Zulu on lead, and as always she comes charging over barking at us, and then had the cheek to run up behind him, nip him on the bum and run off! Then charged us back up the road on our way back! I was trying to shoo her off but she just wasnt having any of it.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 12:08 PM
they should bring out a new rule that all dogs need to be on leads when pavement walking
Isn't this already the law? Comes under the road traffic act if I'm not mistaken.

Sal, your area sounds exactly like where I used to live.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I've just moved to a little village in Norwich and im so glad you've put this thread up sal because my god the people out here are just plain dumb when it comes to dogs!

It actually astounds me how they manage to get themselves up and dressed to be honest.

I've been here nearly 2 weeks (i think, terrible memory) and i've had so many run ins with people, i used to live next to a beach and i think i had maybe 2 run ins in 2 years.

Its got to be village people it really has x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 03:48 PM
It's not just village people, happened to me all the time in Manchester. It's actually better here in the middle of nowhere, we don't have several incidents a walk like I did there.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I've just moved to a little village in Norwich and im so glad you've put this thread up sal because my god the people out here are just plain dumb when it comes to dogs!

It actually astounds me how they manage to get themselves up and dressed to be honest.

I've been here nearly 2 weeks (i think, terrible memory) and i've had so many run ins with people, i used to live next to a beach and i think i had maybe 2 run ins in 2 years.

Its got to be village people it really has x
I think they call it "NFM" (normal for Norfolk)!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >