View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 01:31 PM

Whats this thing that I attach to my dogs?

It must be a foreign object to some of the people where we walked today. Parked up in the car park waiting for Leanne, Tegs mum and Collie Convert and there were several people coming and going. One CKC ended up right by the car - several cars away from where we parked. MiL got out and took it back to the owner. Then there were spaniels flitting from one end to the other.

And then as we moved spots so MiL could turn the Jeep around in a very narrow space, I put Sadie on her lead and put her on the tow bar whilst I sorted the other two out. A man pulled up with two JRTs and just let them out. They came right over to Sadie with some not so desirable body language. So I put Pennie back in the car and went to shoo them away. He said "sorry about that" And being in a foul mood this morning, I just replied with "Had it been my other dog there would be a fight, maybe you ought to think about leads, they only cost a couple of quid" He walked off going "alright".

But it's ridiculous. It's a car park, there are strange dogs, his had no collars on either and it's rude! Normally I wouldn't say anything but lately it's really been getting on my nerves. I know everyone says to treat people like they are stupid, but I do and now I aim to educate the stupid - if it falls on deaf ears then so be it.. But then at least I'll have tried
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I know the feeling number of people who should leash their dogs don't!

When Millie was a puppy we had the same issue you had with the JRT's more times then I could bare especially as Millie was all ready a nervous dog.

I wouldn't get so much as a sorry.

Told off a whippet yesterday I shouted at it because it ignored its owner and I wasn't happy with the behaviour it was displaying and I knew it would not be good if it continued having experienced it before. I suprised myself as the dog obeyed me!

It slunk back to its owner and owner leashed their dog and apologised to me I ignored her.

I think the owner was annoyed I had shouted at her dog but the dog was being nasty to Millie and I wasn't going to have it!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I tend to find that car parks seem to be a bit of a free for all. Folk just open their boot and let their dog(s) jump out which I find annoying anyway. People seem to forget that cars move around in car parks and it's very difficult to see a dog that is near your car from a driving position. I treat a car park like I would a road.

Just like when I heard Flynn growling from the boot when I was round the passenger side only to find a spaniel in there with my dog, whilst the owner stood smiling at his dogs antics. He's damn lucky Flynn didnt rip it's head off as he's very protective over what he sees as his things or space. Had it been a larger dog he would not have been so lenient. I didnt know the man or his dog, and he didnt know me or my dog so why he found it acceptable to allow this is beyond me.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I tend to find that car parks seem to be a bit of a free for all. Folk just open their boot and let their dog(s) jump out which I find annoying anyway. People seem to forget that cars move around in car parks and it's very difficult to see a dog that is near your car from a driving position. I treat a car park like I would a road.

Just like when I heard Flynn growling from the boot when I was round the passenger side only to find a spaniel in there with my dog, whilst the owner stood smiling at his dogs antics. He's damn lucky Flynn didnt rip it's head off as he's very protective over what he sees as his things or space. Had it been a larger dog he would not have been so lenient. I didnt know the man or his dog, and he didnt know me or my dog so why he found it acceptable to allow this is beyond me.
I find that damn scary that he would allow his dog to jump in others boots. You should've shifted Flynn into the back and shut your boot and drove off.. Bet that would've stopped him smiling. Or gone and sat in his car.. I really felt like getting right in that man's face today and asking if he thought it was acceptable.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:02 PM
You can often hear me from several counties away chanting my mantra "PUT IT ON A BLOODY LEAD!"
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
You can often hear me from several counties away chanting my mantra "PUT IT ON A BLOODY LEAD!"
Better yet "Put it on a bloody CHAIN"
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post

the one fight opie has had since being an only dog was because he took a step towards my friends car. her dog sees it has his second home and is very possesive over it so when he saw opie move towards it, he turned on him
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I know the feeling number of people who should leash their dogs don't!

When Millie was a puppy we had the same issue you had with the JRT's more times then I could bare especially as Millie was all ready a nervous dog.

I wouldn't get so much as a sorry.

Told off a whippet yesterday I shouted at it because it ignored its owner and I wasn't happy with the behaviour it was displaying and I knew it would not be good if it continued having experienced it before. I suprised myself as the dog obeyed me!

It slunk back to its owner and owner leashed their dog and apologised to me I ignored her.

I think the owner was annoyed I had shouted at her dog but the dog was being nasty to Millie and I wasn't going to have it!
Ha ha this made me laugh as more and more I seem to be saying to strangers dogs who get to close to Charley "leave it" it a very stern voice. And I am suprised myself that they actually go with it and wander off. If an owner said anything I could just pretend I was telling Charley to leave it. The owners never seem to be close enough to know any different anyway. I dont like to have to tell Charley off when she is giving a fair warning to another dog to get out of her way, when its the other dog thats been rude! That seems unfair to me!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
What is it with car parks and dim people?

Reminds me a little of this incident I posted about a couple of years ago: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=114580
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
What is it with car parks and dim people?

Reminds me a little of this incident I posted about a couple of years ago: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=114580
Really.. I thought my idiots were bad.. please keep yours
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >