View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 08:08 AM

Unwell Puppy - Please help (lethargic, not eating, uncomfortable, won't lay down)

Hello all

I got up this morning as normal to find Diesel looking VERY down in the dumps, he's not interested in food or anything else for that matter, i attempted to lift him onto the bed but he let out a little yelp!!

I am VERY worried about him and think we will be visiting the vet today but in the meantime does anyone have any suggestions what it might be or what i can do???? He doesn't seem to want to lay down, could he have swallowed something????

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Jules
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Is he peeing and pooing normally? Has he vomited or tried to vomit? Is he drinking?

I doubt there is anything you can do except keep an eye on him. Only your vet can diagnose and suggest treatment.

Hope it is just a slight tummy bug, or a minor dietary indiscretion and that the little chap will feel better soon.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Oh poor Diesel and poor you. Can't offer any advice unfortunately just reiterate what SB has said. Hopefully after a visit to the vet he will be good as new

Could he and the cat have had a little altercation? Just a thought!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Is he peeing and pooing normally? Has he vomited or tried to vomit? Is he drinking?

I doubt there is anything you can do except keep an eye on him. Only your vet can diagnose and suggest treatment.

Hope it is just a slight tummy bug, or a minor dietary indiscretion and that the little chap will feel better soon.
Hi SB

He hasn't pee'd or pooed today, no vomit, he just stands there not wanting to do anything, kinda looks like it is uncomfortable for him to lay down.

Will get an appointment and let you know how it goes.

Jules

xxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Poor Diesel, poor you what a worry. Get him to the vet asap just to sure! Good luck and i hope he is back to normal very soon x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Well i have got a vet appointment but it's not until 4.50pm so poor sod is going to have to wait, he has had a wee but still not eating and is a bit wobbly on his feet, he is looking very depressed and is obviously in some sort of pain especialy when he tries to lay down, just wish i could do something to help him but he doesnt want to know, even the kitten is sitting with him wondering why he doesnt want to play

Will keep you posted!

Jules

xxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Poor Diesel, i'm sorry to read he is unwell, you would of tought the vet could of fitted you in as an emergency. I hope he feels better soon, poor babe.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Toby
Poor Diesel, i'm sorry to read he is unwell, you would of tought the vet could of fitted you in as an emergency. I hope he feels better soon, poor babe.

I thought that too, even called back to see if they could change it as my OH finishes work at 11am today but nope still 4.50pm. When my OH sees him he may well be calling them again, they are normally so good maybe they have a rush on

Jules

xxx
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2006, 09:53 AM
4.50pm seems along time to wait with a poorly pup. I'd ring the vets and tell them its an emergency or just show up and tell them your really worried.

Hope he's going to be ok
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Does he have a hard distended abdomen,is he arching his back is tummy painful when touched laying in a crouched position hiding ,frequently swallowing panting breathing heavily and has he red or white gums,not normal pink colour.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »