View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:16 PM

Christmas Puppies, (Updated 20th December)

I really hate seeing classified ads for puppies with slogans like 'Ready Christmas Eve' or 'Will keep for Christmas' - I have seen two in last weeks local newspaper but the worst one was 'Hurry now before Santa runs out of puppies'

I am going to write to the editor to complain that they are endorsing the irresponsibility of buying puppies as presents
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom View Post
I really hate seeing classified ads for puppies with slogans like 'Ready Christmas Eve' or 'Will keep for Christmas' - I have seen two in last weeks local newspaper but the worst one was 'Hurry now before Santa runs out of puppies'

I am going to write to the editor to complain that they are endorsing the irresponsibility of buying puppies as presents
Good for you, I'm suprised they accepted the ads but then if moneys involved I suppose we shouldn't be surpised at anything.
I drove past a house today that had a board out advertising Westie pups, ready now, ideal Christmas present, makes the blood boil.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:23 PM
It would make mine boil too

I have just rattled off an email to the editor about it asking them to stop allowing such irresponsible advertising, I doubt they will even reply but it is worth a shot.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Well done Ozzysmum, I would do the exact same thing!

There have been so many advertising campaigns trying to make people realise puppys are not presents and there is always an influx of unwanted dog 'presents' in homes around January...

These irresponsible 'breeders' make me ill...

Damn them all!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ozzysmom;865555] 'Hurry now before Santa runs out of puppies'[QUOTE]

nooooooo!!
surely there not allowed to say that!!! :smt021
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
one of my neighbours from hell (one with chavvy kids) has just got a rottie puppy, its about 8 weeks old, and walking along OFF LEAD !! puppys dont have the re-call adult dogs have,
ok they looked after their old boxer, it died of old age a few months back, but to have a small pup off lead, b4 all its jabs.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow that always sends chills running down my back I hate to see any dogs running along the street off lead. Maybe you should make up a story about knowing some one whose dog ran out into the road to give them a fright.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Adverts like that make it so much harder for the rescue homes who won't rehome over Christmas and try to get the message across about not getting a puppy without a lot of thought.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Well done to ya Anne-Marie. Prob spitting in the wind, too much money for them to give up, but at least you've done your bit.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 05:29 PM
just seen advert saying 'pup doesnt get on with our dogs, sad sale would make excellent xmas pressie for someone!' :-O
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >