Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I live alone with my dog so obviously enjoy her company and, obviously spend more time with her than with any 'people'.

However, I love good company and the company of my own kids. But there are a few people I would prefer not to spend time with and would prefer the company of my dog!

Last year I spent my birthday alone. A neighbour had suggested we go out and have a bite together. My kids were dismayed that I didn't want to go (they are usually around on my birthday). I did explain to them that I consider her to be rather dense and irritating and a quite nasty gossip and that, although I can happily 'pass the time of day' with her when I see her, it would absolutely ruin my birthday to spend it in her company and that I'd be much happier spending it curled up with a book or a DVD and my dog!
That says it for me too! Although I have many friends, I'd rather just pass the time with them, bit of shopping (maximum 4 hours though!) maybe a night out like we do once a month, and I have to be "in the mood" for them, so they usually wait until I ring them rather than ringing me or popping round. Whereas, with my dogs, I'm ALWAYS in the mood for them, so although I like people, I don't like them all the time (except o/h of course coz he's on my wave length), I can't be bothered with them sometimes but I can always be bothered for my dogs
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I havent had dogs for too long, but because of the awful things a few people have done in the name of jealousy, i am really pleased i have my dogs to take my mind off things, partly because they get me out and about and if i meet people it is just light hearted dog chat usually and nothing heavy.

My dogs make me smile and love them every day, and there isnt a price on their love in return. So yes quite a lot of the time i would rather be with the dogs to a lot of the humans i know!
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2011, 08:45 PM
My dog is the one who is keen to nibble my ears these days and is the only one who doesn't mind licking my feet. I really must get out more
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 12:29 PM
My friend bought me a keyring over 20 years ago. It's till with my keys, a bit worn and the brass underneath coming through the chrome plating. It reads:

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"

As true and accurate now as it was then.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I think the company of dogs takes no effort they accept , I love human company but its harder work !
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2011, 01:07 PM
If I could teach Pereg how to cut my toenails, life would be perfect!
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Give me a dog any time, they love unconditionally and never judge you.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Briard Lover View Post
Give me a dog any time, they love unconditionally and never judge you.
...and they don't talk back, which is an even bigger bonus.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I prefer the company of my dog compared to some people....It depends entirely on the person (and the dog, ha ha!). I would choose to spend time with Axel over quite a few people, but I prefer my husband with me and Axel....
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 06:18 PM
People are complicated and difficult for me to understand. Dogs are just the opposite .
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >