Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Oh poor you and what unfortunately timing. As you say the most important thing is that your dog is OK and safe. I know dogs pick up vibes, but surely this inspector must like dogs of she wouldn't do the job so I think it is more than likely the smell of kennels on her which possibly triggered some scary memories from your dog's past.
I'm sure you'll still pass the check, as she will have clearly seen you had a good dog-proof garden. Maybe you could phone her again with your concerns ....of if you do fail ask to be re-home checked explaining that for some reason your dog was scared of the inspector and acted out of character.

Good luck and keep us informed.
totally agree with that
dogs are very sensitive

I know that case with mine, however, she is terrible shy and afraid of every stranger
so her reaction of strangers is just to bark at them, when they come to visit
but once a hunter came for any reason (I also absolutely dislike him, not for his "hobby" but for his all about being, he's such of a sponger and whatever)
my dog really went mad!
that little sweety changed immediately to a real beast, when she just saw him

I've no clue what vibes he had for her, but it was always the same reaction and only at this fellow

or were it my vibes? as I absolutely disliked that man as well?

however, he doesn't come anymore, maybe my dog showed him as well, how welcome he was
juliana62
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Maybe something about the inspector triggered something in your dogs past and caused her to act this way. Glad you found her ok
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:18 PM
That's a thought too Malpeki, I guess Zanily you were pretty stressed worrying how the assessment would go so maybe your dog picked up on your feelings and connected them to the visitor?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zanily View Post
You're right, Jenny and zoeyvonne.

I can offer a dog a loving home for life and it would be silly to turn me down over what happened.

Now that I've stopped blushing and I've got over the shock of "losing my dog", I'm starting to see the funny side of all this!

The inspector said she would have to make a note of what happened...I just hope she's been fair about whatever she's wrote!
Really? What happened was your dog went upstairs into your bedroom! Big deal!

My guess is that you were a bit 'nervous' about the inspection and your dog picked up on that.

I had a rescue cat who decided to leave home on the day that the Cat Rescue woman (we called her Catweazel) came to do the 3rd week final check up on us. Fortunately I spotted it hiding under an upturned wheelbarrow in the next door garden! Thing is we were not supposed to let the cat out at all until she'd done her final visit. Until I spotted the minx hiding all I could think was 'well, they can't take her away from me if she ain't here!'
Zanily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Perhaps you're right. My dog could probably sense that it wasn't a social visit.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry Zanily but this really made me laugh and brought back such memories.
I once had a rescue Lurcher, Sadie that was a total nightmare. In the end I paid for advice from an animal behaviourist. The afternoon that she came Sadie ran away and the lady spent about an hour helping me find her
She actually put in her report that it was a first for her!

I'm sure you will be fine but please let us know and let us see your pics of your rescues
Zanily
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Gosh, it's so embarrassing, isn't it Nippy?

The woman must be wondering why on earth I want another rescue if I'm unable to locate where my current one is!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Zanily View Post
Gosh, it's so embarrassing, isn't it Nippy?

The woman must be wondering why on earth I want another rescue if I'm unable to locate where my current one is!
Lol, I'm sure she will see the funny side and let you adopt another
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Well, any home checker worth their salt will be impressed by the fact that you were more concerned about finding your "missing" dog than continuing the interview!

Hoping to hear some good news about the new dog coming home soon.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2013, 01:34 AM
I would contact the rescue and explain the situation to someone else. Tell the truth about your current rescue and hopefully they will understand and believe what happened.

You mentioned that you've fostered before and have been through in-home inspections. Get them to contact the rescue to back you up in regards to the secure yard you have.

I hope it all works out for you.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2