Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 05:46 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Thursday

Good morning all,

I was up early with the dogs asking to go outside. It is still dark and I believe they must have heard a fox as all they did was frantically race around the boundary sniffing A much quieter day for me today which should give me a chance to catch up on housework.

I hope Pat finds Mart on good form this morning after his op yesterday .... I hope he'll manage to get some shepherd's pie today Hopefully Pat will have slept really well after all the emotional stress.

To everyone else I hope you and your dogs are well. To those of you in the western half of the UK remember to take your brolly when you go out as I think you are in for a real soaking today.

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone

I was up in the dark too Jen, but I got up because I wanted to, Zena was still snoring away in her bed and didn't want to go out. I hope your hand is better now, and I bet those chairs look fab don't they. I started the curtain mission last night, so many of them, I got fed up and have left them all in a big pile in the bootroom, but at least they've been measured and cut and all I've got to do now is the sewing of them.

I've suddenly got a little flurry of enquiries for October, a lot of short breaks and I really don't want them, it's too much like hard work for too little money, but hopefully, I might get a whole week in each out of some of those. Is half term from the 28th October as it seems to vary around the country on Google?

Pat, hope you slept well last night and are ready to spend the day up at the hospital with Martin. Sounds like everything went really well if he was demanding shepherd's pie last night. Have a good day with him, and hopefully, all your stress is now over.

Going to try and get up to that van again this morning to see the woman in there cos I need to speak to her about those extra days she can have. Apart from that it's just the usual walks with Zena and getting these curtains done. I want them up there before the Your Dog magazine journalists arrive on the 26th cos they sure will brighten the place up.

Enjoy your day everyone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Good morning Jenny and Helena and those that are to follow.

Up early today as Steve came home last night about 5.30 and has gone again at 6 this morning. He wants to get into the swim he left last night. I couldn't sleep so I thought I might as well get up.

Helena hope you catch up with that lady in the van today. Maybe she had a late night the night before and that's why she was still all closed up so late in the morning.

Jenny , you were early this morning. I hope all is well with you today.

Have a lovely day everyone, rain forecast for later in the day. God bless.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Helena - Do you still have that couple and their little kid renting the smaller van for the winter or has that gone quiet? The chairs I finished do look really nice although it wasn't as satisfying this time as I've used the same material so they look the same just cleaner/brighter. Are these nets your doing for the bigger van? Ooh so many questions first thing in the morning

Moyra - You snuck in and you too are up bright and early. That was a quick turn around for Steve, presumably to bath and get clean clothes and stock up on food? I think those of us in the eastern half of UK will be walking our dogs this morning before the rain hits us. Enjoy your day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning jenny, Helena and Moyra.
Hope the hand is better jenny.
Good luck at the van Helena. Yes the October half term varies across the country.

Hope you slept well Pat and that Mart is in good form today and gets his shepherd pie.

Not much on here today dry so hoping to get a dry walk with Dillon on the field this morning. Then off to source him some food. He has gone off the raw minces I get locally but still likes the bones but I can't get hold her for them.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Good morning all
Hope everyone is well human and doglets wishing ,all those sick or ailing a speedy recovery
Not caught as to what's been going on over the last few weeks ( must try n do a catch up ) expect you've all been busy
Torrential rain since 3 am so soggy dog walks today unless it improves
Muppets send love n best wishes to all
Take care n stay safe
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning jenny and all,
Well yesterdays rain never really materialised. We had one very short light shower and that was it so I still had to water the plants last night as it never even soaked the soil. Lovely out there again this morning and the sun is shining.

Unfortunatly I will not be able to enjoy the sun as I am working a very long day at the cafe. I expect it will be busy too as people love to sit outside in the sun. The dog walker will be in to lily lunchtime but it will still be a long day for her on her own.

Pat I hope today finds Mart recovering well and you are now able to relax.

I suppose i had better get my act together and get off to work, so have a good day everybody,
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Norma, lovely to see you long time no see.

Bev. That will be a long day for both you and Lily, good you have a walker for her to break her day up.

Lynn, hope you manage a nice dry walk with Dillon rain later in the day here so its forecast.

Jenny, Steve is only going for the day today he will be back tonight. maybe earlier if that rain sets in. He just wanted to get back into the same swim he was on yesterday since he had it well fed with ground bait. He had me running off photographs of all his big catches as soon as he got back last night.

I had a lovely day over in Kent yesterday with my friends but we left there fairly early after lunch as I was concerned for Amber being on her own. Steve was supposed to come back and relieve her but seeing as he did not come in until 5.30 it is just as well we got back soon after 3 that meant she had been on her own for 3½ hours and of course she is not used to it but she was good.

Have a good day all. God bless. Moyra
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 07:26 AM
Guess who is in the western part of the country and I don't think I will be able to keep a brolly up
Morning everyone that's around and those still to come!
Hope Mart is well today Pat and recovering from the anaesthetic.

I'm off to batten down the hatches
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Morning everyone

Helena - last day at school here is 25th October.

It's a beautiful morning but apparently not supposed to last. We had a lovely walk over the fields.

Loki had two fits during the night - it would have been 8 weeks fit-free today if he hadn't but I'm so pleased he lasted this long so we'll call it 8 weeks anyway. He really enjoyed his walk over the fields (and barked at me to throw stuff for him) and is now cleaning his nails!

I fell asleep again last night, watching a Life on Mars episode! I had to re-watch Doc Martin yesterday because I fell asleep watching that the night before.

It's the birthday of one of Steve's God daughters soon and it's getting harder and harder to think of presents. It's much easier when they're small.

I'm off shopping soon. I've got sea bass for the kids for dinner tonight and I'm thinking of trying them with a lemon sauce but I'm worried in case they don't like it and don't eat the fish, but if I put it on the side, they won't try it at all. Decisions, decisions.

Have a super day everyone.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »