Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Suspected Cancer Referral

Hi there, I wanted to ask my friends on Dogsey to send some positive vibes my way please?

I'm going to Carlisle Infirmary on Friday as my Doctor thinks I might have early signs of Cervical Cancer. I have to say it has devastated us all here and I've been in absolute pieces with the worry of it all.

I know it could be a number of other things also, but when anyone mentions the 'C' word that is all you can focus on. All I keep thinking of is Jade Goody who bless her, doesn't have a good prognosis. (have to say though her symptoms are way worse than mine)

The scary thing is I only had a smear 3-4 years ago as I never miss them. Nothing showed up then.

Will let you all know what they say after Friday.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:12 AM
So sorry to hear you are having to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:13 AM
prayers for you , that you have a good prognosis xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Fingers crossed for Friday.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Fingers crossed that your doctor is just being over cautious and its something far less worrying.

((((hugs)))))
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Fingers crossed that your doctor is just being over cautious and its something far less worrying.

((((hugs)))))
lots of love to you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I am sorry to hear your news AM. I had this worry 2 years ago, my Doctor sent me along for further tests because she thought it was to do with hormones while doing my smear but wanted to be on the safe side.
It wasn't till I was at the clinic having that checked out that they spotted an abnormality I was in pieces. I had all the necessary things done and was given the all clear within 4- 6 months.
I do have to have smear tests every year for 5 years because of it though. I have just had my 2nd one done and heard nothing so fingers crossed all is clear.If you ever need a chat pm me.
I Know how you are feeling.XX
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Fingers crossed all is ok..

My mother was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last August and I was devastated..convinced that was it..

BUT a year later, after Chemo, Radio and a Mastectomy she is now back at work 5 1/2 days a week..She was never down about it..just convinced she was going to beat it..

SO be strong and fight..I know it helped us through it and it certainly helped my Mum through it..
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
(((Hugs)))

My thoughts are with you, and Max and Murphy send Boxer licks...

I've never had a "normal" smear test in 10 years... I keep having to go for extra tests as they don't like what they see.

Be strong and just remember that we are all here for you
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 08:20 AM
thinking of you, hopefully its just your Doctor being over cautious so fingers crossed here for you xxx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »