View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
It looks very nice Sheree, doing the work must help to sell the house, and I'm sure you'll get some interest next Saturday. I hope the weather stays nice.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
It looks very nice Sheree, doing the work must help to sell the house, and I'm sure you'll get some interest next Saturday. I hope the weather stays nice.
Thanks Harvey...if the weather is kind to us then I think it will certainly help sell it, the garden and the fact that we have loads of huge windows which make the lounge and dining room so lovely and bright when the sun is out

We've got our fingers crossed, and then we'll need to really get down to some searching. My fave house is still available
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Where are you moving too, far? I thought you liked the house you are in?
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Wow, thats awesome! I love the way you can have different areas for different purposes! Love it! You have clearly put a lot of hard work into it too! Well done, and good luck with your open day
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Where are you moving too, far? I thought you liked the house you are in?
We do love it, but Clives business is really struggling in the recession, we have decided to bring our retirement plans forward by about 5 years and relocate to either Lincs/Cambs/Norfolk, somewhere in the country with no neighbours and, more importantly, no mortgage. Plus, the house has been valued at 100k more than we paid for it 18 months ago, we would be silly not to take advantage of that if we can.

We were planning on doing it once Clive hit 50, so we are just doing it a bit sooner than anticipated.

The plan is that we will buy somewhere outright, I will live there whilst Clive remains in Bucks for part of the week working on any contracts he gets, and then back home for long weekends...a luxury he doesn't get at the moment as he is on call 24/7.

I will be trying to build up the business wherever we are, but it isn't imperative that Clive has a lot of work as there will be no mortgage, just normal bills

Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Wow, thats awesome! I love the way you can have different areas for different purposes! Love it! You have clearly put a lot of hard work into it too! Well done, and good luck with your open day
Thanks very much, it is quite an intriguing plot, when we came to view the house we couldn't remember what was where as it is on 3 different levels and they are staggered so the lounge, dining room and kitchen are located to the rear of the main house but up a level, if you know what I mean
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow a lovely plan and a plan that sounds like it will work. Houses are selling now I have noticed a lot of sold signs up. So people ar moving and buying, best of luck. Have you seen somewhere you like?
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Wow a lovely plan and a plan that sounds like it will work. Houses are selling now I have noticed a lot of sold signs up. So people ar moving and buying, best of luck. Have you seen somewhere you like?
Thanks Kazz

We've seen a few properties on Rightmove that look ideal, but we don't want to travel all that way (2-3 hours) and set our hearts on something until we know this has sold
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
It looks lovely Lots of different places to look at & all very neat. I love the slabs & purple slate looks great when it is wet, it kind of glistens in the sun.
We bought our house purely because of the garden which was a complete tip & full of overgrown trees, but I could see past all that! I wasn't bothered about the house although it was ok, we downsized house size to live in a more expensive area & we were a bit cramped when all the kids were home, but the gardens made up for it!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
You really have worked hard, its lovely! I particularly love your lady ornament!!
Good luck with the sale, I reckon it will go really quickly.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2011, 06:22 PM
It looks lovely and a definite selling point

Hope it all works out for you x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >