Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 10:12 PM

Building Insurance

Can anyone recommend a good company for just buildings insurance?

I've had a quick look on the net but am a bit bamboozled by it all. When I had the mobile home I didn't bother and the house before that was insured by my mortgage lender.

I don't want to insure my contents as they are all second hand and would probably cost less to replace than the costs involved with monthly payments, however, I really would like to insure the building, just incase anything were to happen.

Many thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
i can help - can do it over the phone - its CO-OP insurance and you would be dealing with me not a call centre....pm me if interested.

Alex
xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure which company is best these days, but I did work in the Car/Home Insurance business for a while, so if you have any questions/queries just PM me and I'll try to help.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 10:42 AM
We used to use Halifax, for both home and contents, but because we made one claim, they refused to cover us for 2 years for accidental damage....having 4 children and 7 dogs, we really needed accidental damage cover. So we are currently with M&S for both, with no excess and cheaper (at the moment) than Halifax were.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 12:13 PM
our is with direct line ....we have claimed and its not changed always found them very fast and efficent
Alison2006
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't go with the AA as although they're cheap I've had problems with them. As a few houses within 150 metres of mine fell down about 20 years ago I always declare this if asked just in case. My house is ok though. As their computer system can't cope with this I have to have it registered as having subsidence and have a letter from the manager of the section confirming that it doesn't. I've never had this problem with another company. It took me ages to sought out and needless to say I won't be renewing with them again!