Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2023, 10:43 AM

Sunny Wednesday 15th November

Good morning everyone

Do hope Brewster soon stops the fy snapping and it is not anything serious

Hugs to you and your mum Kelly. So your father hasn't checked the car for himself just frightened at what you could do, love it.

Nice morning for a walk along the Beach Brenda and for you too Chris with Dave and Ted.

Teazle out early and then I cleared some more leaves from around front and back doors. Barry has been out with his blower clearing the garden and lawn of some of the leaves and I have bagged it all up. Now another trip to the tip is on the cards.

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2023, 11:51 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow.

I am just off out to get the bin in; pop washing on line and round up some more leaves its a bright and sunny dry for November very nice indeed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2023, 01:08 PM
Morning Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
The car failed its mot (Gorden's insignia) in for the two issues on Wednesday.
Friday here with Brewster and no car to use and he will be here Monday with no car as we have Freya those days.

Brewster still fly snapping have messaged the wife of the Bernese breeders club health advocate to see if they can give any ideas and also the health info forum for Bernese.
If the breeder gets upset at people making the connection to her sorry I am trying to get ideas.
We may be back at the vet tomorrow or the weekend.
We now have to use my car which has a steeper incline for the ramp so not ideal at this point getting Brewster in and out.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2023, 01:51 PM
Lynn HUGS HUGS HUGS and more HUGS coming your way
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Thank you Kazz. Much needed at the moment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2023, 07:53 PM
Lynn, so sorry to hear about the car and also the fly snapping. I would hope that the breeder realises that just because a dog has an issue, doesn't mean that it's actually anyone's fault ( if you see what I mean) tonnes of people are born with neurological disorders and their parents are fine. You are entitled to get opinions and some advice....you are already going through so much.
Sue, lol....yeah, he apparently drove the car today, I was killing myself laughing when mum text me, I bet he was panicking driving and braking....the power of words.
I spent 3 1/2 hours in the solicitor with my friend, I knew a lot of what had gone on but bloody hell!!! He wants shooting! I am so glad that I am part thug and would never have to deal with what she has, she is an amazing lady and we will all make sure she gets out the other side.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2023, 08:33 PM
Sounds horrible about your friend griff nice she has you there.
Got your own back on dad it seems.

Not wanting to speak too soon but no fly snapping since 4.50 pm.
I did ring the vet for a call back which came around tea time after I had accessed the various Bernese forums and the same lady who helped with the pastern issue.
The health forum the lady who runs it suggested kefir. Now it just happened I had some in his freezer so he got one this afternoon.
Not sure if it's coincidental but no more snapping.
Jeanette told me to message a lady who had had similar issues she has helped with the suggestion of valerian tincture, calm him down while still healing and for a while longer to get him back focused for training,
which he desperately needs.
Valerian tincture will arrive tomorrow.

Vet not a vet I think but the physiotherapist vet tech rang back, suggesting mild sedation to explore further in his ears, scrub his scabby bit of skin where he has been scratching and to rule out any neurological issues.
I was able to say no thank you due to him settling down and we really do not want more sedation and him having to be away from us again.
He has to learn to be left at home but its his home not a vet and we are hoping very soon we can start the road to leaving him for a while we pop out and that is where the valerian will also help.

We had decided no more prescription meds especially not Gabapentin a few people have experienced dreadful trouble with their dogs, one who is now contemplating putting to sleep as the dog has become so aggressive and she cannot cope.

Thankfully no mention of it in the phone conversation, so hopefully onwards and upwards. Feeling more positive again.
13 more days tomorrow till sign off fingers crossed.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2023, 11:33 PM
Good evening all

Been giving the living room a spring clean (yes, I do know it's autumn ) as the new sofa is coming tomorrow morning. Everything takes 5 times as long now as it's a case of do a bit, sit down a bit and get the breath back

Poor Brewster is really going through it, bless him. I do hope that once he gets off all the meds and is allowed out and about that things settle down for him.