View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Dont worry I dont expect to get much help on this one its not an easy one to help with! Nite nite Mrs Toby
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Luz. What a mess, poor you ( ) sorry!!

When Pip was a pup he would tear up and down the grass - OH loooooves his lawn so short of knee capping our new pup, we got some wooden stakes and a few long lengths of clothes line (the plastic covered stuff) and made a 'suggestion' of a fence all round the lawn (as in, it wouldn't physically stop them but they could see a boundry), leaving the hard areas for toileting. After 12 mnths or so, we removed the 'fence' and even now, Pip wont go on the lawn unless invited

Hope this helps, the materials weren't expensive and Charlottes friends all had free skipping ropes once we'd finished!!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh its awful the destruction they do, my 4 malamutes wrecked my garden and at the moment we are trying to sort our out so that we have some lawn at least. I got some fencing made to make a path alongside the lawn(whats left of it) that the dogs can go down to get to their area, fenced off at the bottom of the garden, dont know if you can see it very well in this photo,

we are still a work in progress here at the minute, having the patio up near the house all done again etc. the fence has a gate in it on both sides to give me access to the other areas.

Mo
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 12:53 PM
whey hey, you did get some replies, dont feel so bad about hijacking you now
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks for your help so far.
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Hiya - finally got round to looking at your bomb damaged garden - looks just like mine before I sectioned it off and only let the dogs on the slabbed bit. My barracade/fence is getting higher though to keep them off the lawn - can't see 'my' part of the garden anymore!
findahou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Hiya hun, all i can say is to fence the part off you dont want them to get to .......thats what we did, must admit it was done ages before we got our NI's to stop our other dogs getting on the grass when we're not with them. Our fence is only 3ft high with a type of trellace on top and gate which can be left open if we so wish.......so far, not one of the NI's has attempted to jump this fence, its holding up very well..... think i should shut up now before i tempt fate LOL
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2