Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Thank you so so much. You are really very kind x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm not usually accused of being 'kind'! But I can assure you I DO relate to your dilemma and the difficult decisions you've had to make. And not least admire how you cope with your home situation.

You obviously NEVER put yourself first!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2014, 08:18 PM
I have also had to return a dog at 8 months old I had a breeder I could return her too wrong dog wrong owner. She was re-homed within 6 weeks on a trial basis she was 9 this year and still with the family that re-homed her we keep in touch I see pictures and when I lost Ollie we were kindly invited to see her. She is well and happy it did break my heart at the time but I soon realised that I did the right thing for her and me.
I am sure if Delilah settles quickly it will help you to overcome your grief and realise you have done the right thing for her and your family.

We are all here to listen and would love to know the outcome of your selfless act.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:22 PM
We are all here to listen and would love to know the outcome of your selfless act.
Could not put it better myself. In fact couldn't have put it as well as that. Well said Lynn.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I can't remember the last time I had the inkling to put myself first..still that's life isn't it? When you have dependants you aren't important anymore really, they are. It's all about making sure that they all make it through each day alive and kicking...

I remember you losing Ollie, Lynn and remember too Tue photos of your visit with that family. We were all devastated for you
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Well take heart in that you are not alone and not the only true dog lover who's had to make a tough decision like this for the good of your dog and also the good of the rest of your family unit.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
I will. You know I posted on here thinking that I might end up suffering a bit of a whipping but needed your honesty and experience. Instead you have all supported me and advised me kindly and without judgement and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you so much x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm quite sure that even more true dog lovers will be here supporting you when it's not a Saturday night and quite late on too. I just feel that I want to either hug you or shake you and INSIST you do not beat yourself up about this.

But believe me I do understand. When my old GSD had to be PTS with pyometra and mammary tumours at the age of 11, my youngest was just about 9 months old.

For AGES I kept thinking if I hadn't been so 'taken up with the new baby' I'd have noticed something was wrong earlier. And well, I'm sure you know what I mean?

Us wimmin, especially us mums, are the ones who 'make everything better' for the kids (and feel the same way about the dogs!) it hits us really hard when we have to face the reality that there are some things even with all the good intention and all the will in the world we have to admit that we just cannot 'fix'. But we have trouble coming to terms with that.

One of my little grandsons had kidney cancer a couple of years ago (now pleased to say he has the all clear after 18 months intensive chemo and surgery) and I've never felt so useless or helpless in my life as during that time. Some problems cannot be fixed with money (no amount of money) or with just the WILL TO FIX THEM.

My darling daughter in law coped with the help of my son. Their youngest was born on the same day that little Harvey was diagnosed with the advanced cancer and one of the other boys is slightly autistic and requires a lot of special help.

Walk a mile in someone's shoes I say. Before you think you can tell them how to proceed. Or what to do.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Wow what a lot she has to cope with! I agree, there is a quote online that goes something like "be kind to everyone, for you cannot know the extent of their suffering" kindness really is the most beautiful thing. It cab make the darkest hour seem lighter x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Well I am just hoping that you keeping yourself occupied a little by posting on here and reading replies has gone some tiny way to easing your suffering about this right now.

Don't hesitate to post even if just to offload your worries. You will find plenty of support on here.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >